iDEA Growth in the News:
- Sports Handle, 2.24.21 – Legalized Sports Betting Testimony Continues In Ohio, Grocers Want A Bite OF The Apple (iDEA Growth mentioned)
- The latest round of testimony in the Ohio Senate Select Committee on Gaming provided little in the way of surprises, outside of the discovery that Ohio grocers would like to be your friendly neighborhood sportsbook.
iDEA Growth Member News
- iGB North America, 2.25.21 – Wind Creek And Golden Nugget Join Race For Richmond, Virginia Casino
- Wind Creek Hospitality and Golden Nugget have become the latest major gaming groups to submit bids for the casino resort project in Richmond, Virginia.
- SBC Americas, 2.25.21 – Entain Makes $100,000 Donation To Seton Hall Law School
- Global sports betting and gaming entertainment firm Entain, through its non-profit affiliate Entain Foundation US, has donated $100,000 to Seton Hall Law School.
- SBC Americas, 2.25.21 – NetEnt Embarks On US Launch For Divine Fortune Megaways Game
- Divine Fortune Megaways, among NetEnt’s most successful game releases of 2020, has now been made available in the US, after going live with operators in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- SBC Americas, 2.25.21 – SBC Webinars And Sportradar Present Bridging The Gap Between Formula 1 And Live Betting
- The SBC Webinars series continues on Thursday March 4 when Sportradar presents Bridging the Gap Between Formula 1 and Live Betting, an in-depth examination of the opportunities that one of the world’s most popular sports provides for operators.
- Boston Business Journal, 2.25.21 – Baseball Legend Cal Ripken Jr. Joins DraftKings As Special Advisor (subscription paywall)
- The appointment comes five months after basketball legend Michael Jordan joined the board with the same role.
- PlayUSA, 2.24.21 – PlayUSA Rewind: Michigan Online Gambling’s Impressive First-Month Revenue
- This week, Michigan online sports betting revenue figures debut to thunderous applause, Vermont lawmakers discuss sports betting, TopGolf and BetMGM strike a deal, and much more.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 2.25.21 – Stock Price For theScore IPO Set, Share Offering Increased
- Canadian media company theScore set the price Wednesday for its initial public offering (IPO) in US markets.
- Legal Sports Report, 2.24.21 – Back-To-SPAC: Former MGM CEO Launches Second Online Gambling-Focused Corp
- Former MGM CEO Jim Murren is leading a second special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) targeting the online gambling industry.
- Herald Mail Media, 2.24.21 – State Senators File Bill For Sports Betting License In Washington County
- Last November, Maryland voters approved legalized sports betting, but lawmakers are still working on the most basic details of what that means for the state.
- MI Bets, 2.25.21 – Survey: Over Half Of Michigan Adults Can’t Name A Sports Betting Brand
- Online sports betting in Michigan is about a month old, with many brands vying for market share. According to a survey conducted around the time betting began, there’s a lot of room for brands to make their mark.
- PlayIndiana, 2.24.21 – Why Indiana Online Casino Legislation Never Got Off The Ground
- Jon Ford announced that he was working on a bill way back in August and did his first webinar to build momentum.
- Sports Handle, 2.24.21 – Kansas Senate Committee Amends Sports Wagering Bill
- Two weeks ago, a Kansas Senate committee promised to “work” SB 84 after hearing testimony from stakeholders, and Wednesday morning the Federal and State Affairs Committee approved an amended version of the sports wagering bill.
- com, 2.24.21 – Kansas Senate Sports Betting Bill Advances After Amendments
- After a lengthy list of amendments, with six being approved, SB 84 was passed by the Kansas Federal and State Affairs Committee on Wednesday.
- Online Poker Report, 2.24.21 – Will The Stars Align For North Dakota Online Poker?
- Everyone loves a good underdog story, and one is shaping up this year in North Dakota.
- US Bets, 2.24.21 – North Dakota House Passes Measure To Let Voters Weigh In On Internet Poker
- North Dakota has boosted its odds of having regulated online poker sites sometime in the near future.
- WSN, 2.25.21 – South Dakota Sports Betting Legislation Stalls Over Online Wagering Issue
- Contrary to recent headlines and news regarding momentum building toward sports wagering legalization for several US states, South Dakota has taken a recent backward turn in progress.
- The Action Network, 2.24.21 – Newest Texas Sports Betting Legislation Still Faces Uphill Climb
- The latest Texas sports betting bill has support from state sports teams, top sportsbooks and a bipartisan group of lawmakers. It probably won’t overcome opposition from the state’s most powerful elected officials.
- KXAN, 2.24.21 – Texas Lawmakers File Bill On Legalized Sports Betting – Does It Have A Chance?
- The discussion around legalized gambling and sports betting in Texas is back for another legislative session.
- Sports Handle, 2.24.21 – Arizona Senate Rules Committee Sends Sports Betting To Floor
- Sports betting took its final step in the Arizona Senate before reaching the floor when the Rules Committee on Wednesday morning unanimously voted to move it forward