Industry News Of The Day For February 7, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 2.7.22: FanDuel Open Sportsbook With Suquamish Tribe In Washington
- FanDuel Group and Port Madison Enterprises have announced the opening of a new retail sportsbook at Suquamish Clearwater Casino Resort in Suquamish, Washington State.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 2.7.22: What’s On Tap: Super Bowl LVI, Beijing Winter Olympics, And NFL Honors Ceremony
- Each Monday, our “What’s on Tap” series previews the week ahead in the world of sports betting. Come here for a summary of upcoming financial happenings, legislative and regulatory meetings, industry conferences, top games scheduled for the week, and much more.
- Sports Handle, 2.4.22: Get A Grip — The Week In Sports Betting: WynnBet Launches In NY, Olympics, And Gearing Up For The Super Bowl
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- SBC, 2.7.22: New York Breaks Records In First Month Of Online Sports Betting
- New York has broken the record for the highest betting volume number in a single month after $1.6bn was wagered at its sportsbooks between January 8 and January 30, according to PlayNY.com.
- WRIC, 2.6.22: Online Sports Betting In Virginia: A Year In Review
- It’s been just over a year since sports betting launched in Virginia, with gambling company FanDuel opening to betters in the commonwealth on Jan. 21, 2021.
- Play USA, 2.4.22: Casino, Lottery, Sports Betting Bills Take First Steps In Gambling-Averse Hawaii
- Five different bills taking very preliminary steps are making their way through the Economic Development, Customer Protection and Commerce, Judiciary and Hawaiian Affairs and Finance committees.
- SBC, 2.7.22: Illinois Positioned As US’ Third-largest Sports Betting Market In 2021
- Illinois sportsbooks finished 2021 strongly, falling just short of setting new records with nearly $40m revenue on nearly $800m in wagering in December, according to PlayIllinois, which tracks the state’s regulated online gaming and sports betting market.
- Play IL, 2.4.22: Illinois Sportsbooks End 2021 With Nearly $800 Million In December Wagers
- Illinois sportsbooks finished the year on a high note even as December’s nearly $40 million revenue on nearly $800 million in wagering fell short of setting fresh records.