iDEA Growth Member News
- Variety, 2.8.21 – Top Sports Betting Apps Receive Expected Boost From Super Bowl Gambling Frenzy (FOX Bet, FanDuel, DraftKings; subscription paywall)
- If you took a greater interest in sports betting last week leading up to Super Bowl LV, you weren’t alone.
- iGB North America, 2.9.21 – Kindred Expands US Footprint With California And Arizona Market Access
- Kindred Group has prepared for the potential legalization of sports betting in Arizona and California by signing a partnership with the Quechan Tribe of the Fort Yuma Indian Reservation.
- 13 News Now, 2.8.21 – Virginia Leading The Way For Popular Sports Betting Platform FanDuel
- Now that the Super Bowl has passed, we’re getting an idea of just how popular the new sports betting industry is in the Commonwealth.
- The Action Network, 2.8.21 – Arizona, Kansas Legal Sports Betting Hearings Set For This Week
- Two leading sports betting legalization candidates are scheduled to discuss bills this week.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC Americas, 2.8.21 – SBC Leaders: Media And Betting, Two Sides Of US Business That Feed Each Other
- The latest edition of SBC Leaders sees the light of day this week, featuring extensive coverage of the US gaming and sports betting space alongside a raft of engaging content garnered from the industry’s foremost thought leaders.
- PlayNJ, 2.8.21 – Pandemic Accelerates Online Gaming Growth For Borgata, BetMGM
- Having already achieved domination over Atlantic City, Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa is eyeing a new conquest: NJ online gambling.
- PlayPennsylvania, 2.8.21 – Slow Play: WSOP.Com Poker Launch In PA Targeted For May Or Sooner
- In late September 2020, the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) approved the application of Caesars‘ online poker partner 888 Holdings for an interactive gaming manufacturer license.
- Crain’s New York Business, 2.9.21 – What You Need To Know About Expanded Gambling In New York (subscription paywall)
- Andrew Cuomo announced his support last month for the legalization of online sports betting in New York, a reversal of his previous position.
- Chatham Star Tribune, 2.9.21 – Virginia Sports Gambling Industry To Generate More Than $13 Billion In First Three Years
- Virginia’s fledgling sports betting industry will grow into one of the largest markets in the country, capable of generating more than $5 billion in annual wagers, $400 million in annual operator revenue and $60 million in annual state taxes by the market’s third year, according to estimates by PlayVirginia.
- TN Bets, 2.9.21 – Tennessee Could Adjust Rules To Address Sportsbook Industry Stalling Withdrawals
- At some of the sportsbooks in the Garden State, an undisclosed number of customers have complained about the platforms intentionally delaying the withdrawal process and incentivizing bettors, sometimes with bonuses, to keep playing rather than cash out part of or all of their money.
- WKRN, 2.8.21 – First Super Bowl With Legalized Sports Betting In Tennessee
- Sunday was the first Super Bowl Sunday with legalized sports betting in the state of Tennessee, and expected, the biggest event of the sports calendar was also the biggest day for placing bets.
- PlayTenn, 2.8.21 – Sports Betting Coming To North Carolina ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- North Carolina sports betting and horse wagering has been in the works for quite sometime now.
- Chicago Sun-Times, 2.8.21 – Illinois Sports Betting Scores Big In Super Bowl LV
- The total handle was $45,610,513 — with $42,756,647 of those bets being made online, according to figures released Monday by the Illinois Gaming Board. The state’s cut of that is $1,148,890 in tax revenue.
- NBC Chicago, 2.8.21 – Illinois Rakes In More Than $1 Million In Tax Revenue From Super Bowl Betting
- For the first time, Illinois residents were able to bet legally on the Super Bowl, and the state raked in more than $1 million in tax revenue thanks to the game.
- Sports Handle, 2.9.21 – Illinois Sportsbooks Generate Nearly $46M In Super Bowl Handle, $7.6M Revenue
- Bettors in Illinois eagerly embraced the opportunity to legally wager on the Super Bowl for the first time, generating a handle of nearly $46 million related to Sunday’s contest.
- Savannah Business Journal, 2.8.21 – Sports Betting And Casinos On Stephens’ Radar This Week At The Capitol
- Your Georgia General Assembly is moving quickly as we are starting to see many prominent bills completing the committee review process and making their way to the House of Representatives for consideration.
- The Hill, 2.8.21 – Cowboys, Rangers And Mavericks Join Push To Legalize Sports Betting In Texas: Report
- The largest sports teams in Texas are getting together to support the legalization of sports betting in the Lone Star State, The Dallas Morning News reported.
- Sports Handle, 2.8.21 – Five Texas Pro Teams Take A Stand On Sports Betting
- A slew of Texas professional sports teams and sports betting operators are making some noise in Texas, where so far just one bill that would allow for statewide mobile/online sports wagering has been filed.
- Colorado Politics, 2.8.21 – Some Good News On Funding For Water: Sports Betting Tax Revenue Gaining Strength
- Coloradans legally bet more than $1.1 billion on sports in 2020, exceeding expectations and funneling some cash to the Colorado Water Plan sooner than anticipated.
- Gaming Intelligence, 2.9.21 – Arizona Aims To Regulate Fantasy Sports And Sports Betting (subscription paywall)
- Arizona’s House Commerce Committee will today consider a proposed sports betting bill which has garnered widespread support from gaming operators, sports leagues, Indian Tribes, and the Governor’s Office.