Industry News of the Day for January 13, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 1.13.22: Sportradar Hires Former NCAA Executive To Lead Integrity Services In North America
- Sportradar has hired former NCAA executive Jim Brown as its new Head of Integrity Services & Harm Prevention in North America.
- Play USA, 1.12.22: DraftKings Sportsbook Announces Launch Date, Oregon Sports Betting Takeover
- Sports bettors in Oregon have been waiting with bated breath for months to revamp the state’s only legal online sportsbook. That’s now officially just days away, with the launch of DraftKings Oregon imminent.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.12.22: Betway, SI Sportsbook Set To Launch VA Sportsbooks By April
- Two more VA sportsbooks should be live by the beginning of April, according to an update Wednesday from the Virginia Lottery.
- Play CA, 1.12.22: Update On Sports Betting Initiatives Entering 2022 Election Year
- Looking ahead to November of 2022, Californians could find three sports betting initiatives on the election ballot. Or they could find none.
- Play USA, 1.12.22: Massachusetts Senator Running For Lieutenant Gov. Says Sports Betting Still Has Momentum
- Senator Eric Lesser, a proponent of Massachusetts sports betting, intends to run for lieutenant governor.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.12.22: Small Businesses Ask For Legal MA Sports Betting From Senate
- The requests for Senate action first came from the Massachusetts House and Gov. Charlie Baker. Now, nearly 90 small businesses are asking the Senate to legalize sports betting in MA.
- Sports Handle, 1.12.22: Key Kansas Lawmaker: ‘Maybe We Can Do A Little Magic’ And Legalize Sports Betting
- Kansas lawmakers on Wednesday revived the process of considering legal sports betting.
- Play USA, 1.12.22: Iowa Sports Betting Passes $2 Billion, Adds To Already Strong Midwest Market
- Another state has crossed the threshold of generating over $2 billion in sports betting handle.
- TN Bets, 1.13.22: Tennessee Sports Wagering Regulator Pleased With Transition
- The Tennessee Sports Wagering Advisory Council became the state’s sports wagering regulator on Jan. 1, shifting duties away from the Tennessee Education Lottery.
- SBC, 1.13.22: Busy December Caps Groundbreaking Year For Indiana Sportsbooks
- Sportsbooks in Indiana ended 2021 with a busy December, producing more than $25m in revenue on more than $460m in wagering, according to PlayIndiana, which tracks the state’s gaming industry.
- Play IN, 1.13.22: Online Casino Bill Starts In House, Must Reach Senate By End Of Month
- You know the old saying about how if you love something, set it free and if it comes back it’s meant to be? Sen. Jon Ford is applying that logic to online casino legislation in Indiana this year.