Industry News of the Day for January 14, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 1.14.22: PointsBet Canada Announces Exclusive Partnership With Trailer Park Boys
- PointsBet Canada has found another creative way to connect with its new Canadian customer base after announcing an exclusive partnership with the Trailer Park Boys in a press release Friday.
- IGB, 1.13.22: Sportradar Hands North America Integrity Role To Former NCAA Executive Brown
- Sportradar has appointed former National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) executive Jim Brown as head of integrity services and harm prevention in North America.
- Play VA, 1.13.22: Which Sportsbooks Are Gaining On FanDuel, The Virginia Market Leader?
- When it comes to the Virginia market leader for sports betting, the commonwealth’s first sportsbook is still the king.
- Saturday Down South, 1.13.22: Clock Is Ticking On Draftkings, Fanduel Backed Florida Online Sports Betting Initiative
- If Florida online sports betting hopes to have a legitimate chance of launching in 2023, a 2022 voting initiative needs about 570,000 more verified signatures to appear on the November general election ballot.
Overall Industry News:
- Washington Post, 1.14.22: Sports Betting Will Keep Booming In 2022, But Some See Risks In Growth
- When the federal ban on sports wagering was rescinded in 2018, there was a sprint to the marketplace, with states eager to leap headfirst into the gambling business.
- SBC, 1.14.22: SportsHandle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- US Bets, 1.13.22: Which States Might Legalize Online Casino Gaming In 2022?
- Legalized mobile sports betting has spread throughout the country in the years since PASPA was overturned, becoming legal in over 30 states.
- Axios, 1.14.22: Pennsylvania Sports Betting Ranks Third In Nation
- Pennsylvania is one of the top three sports betting states in the nation, trailing behind only New Jersey and Nevada.
- Play NY, 1.14.22: New York Online Sports Betting Is Live, But What About Online Poker? ‘That’s In The Mix’
- Now that New York has legal online sports betting, many locals are wondering the same thing:
- Sports Handle, 1.13.22: Northern Exposure: NY Launch Empowers Ontario, Booker Has Beef With ‘The Raptor’
- Each Thursday, Sports Handle will recap all the top sports betting news in Canada, highlight the Game of the Week, and take a look ahead at some of the most intriguing Canadian games to bet on over the weekend.
- Online Poker Report, 1.13.22: How Cross-Border Competition Could Spark The Online Gambling Discussion In Iowa
- Iowa galloped across the finish line in August 2019 as one of the first states to launch legal online sportsbooks. Since then, the Hawkeye State slowed to a trot on any further gambling expansion.