iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas, 1.15.21 – Andrew Sneyd To Drive Brand And Creativity Strategy At FanDuel Group
- FanDuel Group has appointed Andrew Sneyd as Senior Vice President, Brand. He will take ownership of creative and brand strategy, consumer insight, product marketing, team and league marketing, press relations, integrated campaigning, and creative operations.
- Gambling.Com, 1.14.21 – Could New Connecticut Sports Betting Bill Force NY’s Hand?
- If New York needed any more incentive to legalize a broad online sports betting market, neighboring Connecticut is moving quickly to set up its own market with the tribes in the state.
- Online Poker Report, 1.14.21 – New Jersey Regulator Cautions Operators Over Attempts To Encourage Gamblers To Reverse Cashouts
- On Wednesday, the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE) issued a Director’s Advisory Bulletin, cautioning operators about a worrisome trend.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.14.21 – Predatory Practices? NJ Sportsbooks Caught Encouraging Players To Cancel Withdrawals And Gamble On
- The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE) has threatened fines and regulatory action against sportsbook operators who encourage players to reverse withdrawals.
- Sports Handle, 1.14.21 – Cuomo Opens The Door – Slightly – On Mobile Sports Betting In New York
- Yet another version of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s vision for mobile sports betting in New York has emerged – but it leaves most of the pending roadblocks in place.
- Elite Sports NY, 1.14.21 – Governor Cuomo Hints At ‘More’ For Online Sports Betting In NY
- Governor Andrew Cuomo continues to tweak his plans for online sports betting in NY, but there is still work to be done.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.14.21 – New Connecticut Sports Betting Bill Backs Tribal Duopoly
- Seventeen Connecticut lawmakers have backed a new bill that would allow the state’s two tribes to run CT sports betting.
- iGB North America, 1.14.21 – CT Legislators Submit Betting And iGaming Bill
- A group of Connecticut legislators have put forward a proposal to legalize betting and igaming in the state, following Governor Ned Lamont’s support for legalization.
- Sports Handle, 1.14.21 – Virginia’s Sports Betting License Cap Could Be Raised
- A bill prefiled in the Virginia General Assembly last week could increase the number of sports wagering licenses available in the state, which has plans to launch sports betting within the next month.
- PlayVirginia, 1.14.21 – State Of Sports Betting, Part 3: Advice For All Virginia Stakeholders
- Today is the final installment of our three-part “States of Sports Betting” series. In the series finale, the writers share advice for Virginia sports-betting stakeholders.
- PlayTenn, 1.14.21 – Which Education Initiatives Should Tennessee Sports Betting Taxes Benefit?
- Education funding is nearing an all-time-low in Tennessee. One state congressman, David Hawk, plans to present a solution to the issue during this year’s general assembly.
- WSN, 1.14.21 – Updated Bill For Sports Wagering Sent Back To The Legislative Starting Gate In Kentucky
- Perhaps learning from other states’ recent history and their own challenging legislative path, Kentucky has revamped legislative efforts to pursue sports wagering for the state in 2021.
- The Action Network, 1.14.21 – FOX Bet Looks To Make Its Mark With Michigan Online Sports Betting
- Michigan online sportsbooks are scrambling to grab up market share ahead of this month’s anticipated online launch.
- UP Matters, 1.14.21 – Sports Betting In Michigan: PointsBet Ready To Roll Out Partnership With Northern Waters Casino
- The Michigan Gaming Control Board is expected to announce the approval of online gaming in January. When they get the green light, Northern Waters Casino Resort in Watersmeet, along with PointsBet Michigan LLC will be among the first to allow Michiganders to place their bets.
- PlayIA, 1.14.21 – With Vigtory Acquisition, A FuboTV Sportsbook Could Be Coming To Iowa
- Several sports media corporations have become partners with gambling companies over the past year; however, one of those companies will try taking bets on sporting events. A potential fuboTV sportsbook could have particular relevance for Iowa sports bettors.
- iGB North America, 1.14.21 – Indiana Lawmakers Launch Push For Legal iGaming
- Indiana gamblers may soon have access to online casino games, after Representative Alan Morrison filed a proposal to regulate the vertical.
- News 5 Cleveland, 1.14.21 – Governor DeWine Says ‘Sports Betting Is Coming To Ohio, I Suspect, This Year’
- Nearly three years after the U.S. Supreme Court cleared the way for sports betting in states essentially outside of Nevada, Ohio still doesn’t have it.
- WSB-TV, 1.14.21 – New Bill Introduced To Legalize Online Sports Gambling In Georgia
- Georgians could be able to legally bet on the Atlanta Braves, Falcons, Hawks and United in just a few months. Lawmakers filed a bill Thursday that would allow online sports gambling in the state.
- iGB North America, 1.15.21 – Georgia Legislature To Consider New Mobile Sports Betting Bill
- Georgia’s House of Representatives is to run the rule over a new bill that aims to legalize mobile sports betting in the state.
- US Bets, 1.14.21 – Online Sports Betting Bill Filed In Texas
- A gaming lobbyist earlier this week predicted that “something is going to happen in Texas,” and on Thursday, he was proven right.
- iGB North America, 1.15.21 – Lottery.Com Goes Live In Colorado
- Lottery broker and information portal Lottery.com has launched its online and mobile lottery offering in the US state of Colorado.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.14.21 – Sports Betting In Arizona Gets Needed Push In Governor’s Address
- Legalizing Arizona sports betting will not be a simple process but Gov. Doug Ducey wants to take the first steps.
- SBC Americas, 1.15.21 – Maverick Backs New Bill For Sports Betting In Washington State Cardrooms
- Maverick Gaming has reiterated its backing for new legislation rivalling a bill that would see sports betting made legal solely in Washington State’s tribal casinos.