iDEA Growth Member News
- Detroit Free Press, 1.19.21 – Michigan Legal Online Gambling And Sports Betting To Start On Friday (FanDuel, DraftKings, Golden Nugget)
- Michigan regulators have given the green light for online gambling and online sports betting to start at noon Friday.
- Sports Handle, 1.19.21 – Go-Live For Michigan Sports Betting, iGaming Operators Is Friday (FanDuel, DraftKings, Golden Nugget)
- Two years and a month after then-Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder vetoed an iGaming and sports betting bill, operators are on the verge of going live with online sports betting and iGaming.
- Online Poker Report, 1.19.21 – It’s Go Time For Michigan Online Gambling: Launch Day Set For This Friday, With Nine Brands To Start (FanDuel, DraftKings, Golden Nugget)
- It’s been a long thirteen months for Michigan gamblers. It was December 2019 when Gov. Gretchen Whitmer signed the state’s gambling expansion bills into law.
Sports League News:
- Gambling.Com, 1.19.21 – PGA Tour, AGA Teaming Up On Responsible Gaming Campaign
- The PGA Tour and the American Gaming Association announced Tuesday they will partner for the public service campaign “Have A Game Plan, Bet Responsibly.” The partners hope to educate golf fans on responsible sports betting.
- iGB North America, 1.19.21 – AGA Signs PGA Tour To Responsible Gambling Campaign
- Golf’s PGA Tour has signed up to support the American Gaming Association’s (AGA) ‘Have A Game Plan’ public service initiative to promote responsible gambling in the US.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.19.21 – PA Sports Betting Market Continues Upward Trend In December
- The PA sports betting market decided to break one more record before putting a bow on a trying 2020.
- Penn Bets, 1.19.21 – December Was A Rebound For PA Sports Betting, A Leap For iCasino Play
- Though Pennsylvania’s casinos were dark for more than half of December, an online surge in sports betting and casino games resulted in record volume for the digital gambling formats.
- iGB North America, 1.20.21 – PA Sports Betting And iGaming Revenue Records Tumble Again In December
- The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) has again reported new record monthly revenue totals for sports betting and online gambling in December, though the US state saw further declines in its land-based casino market.
- Sports Handle, 1.19.21 – New York Gov. Cuomo Doubles Down On Mobile Sports Betting, Projects $500 Million In Revenue In Fiscal Year Budget
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo outlined the state’s framework for mobile sports betting Tuesday in New York’s fiscal year executive budget proposal, potentially setting the stage for a contentious negotiating period with legislative leaders in the weeks ahead.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.19.21 – Closed Mobile NY Sports Betting Model Gets Double-Down From Cuomo
- Governor Andrew Cuomo has doubled down on his vision for state-run mobile NY sports betting.
- The Action Network, 1.19.21 – Andrew Cuomo Gives Little Update On New York Sports Betting In Budget Address; Still Prefers Lottery Model
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Tuesday in his budget address that he’s still open to sports betting but prefers a lottery model.
- The Lowell Sun, 1.20.21 – Legal Sports Betting Sponsor Sees Odds Improving In 2021
- Two years ago, the New England Patriots were preparing to play the Kansas City Chiefs for the chance to go to the Super Bowl and Sen. Brendan Crighton was putting the finishing touches on a legislative proposal to legalize sports betting in Massachusetts.
- Gambling.Com, 1.19.21 – DC Sports Betting Down In December; Lottery Has New Offering
- The amount of money wagered in Washington, D.C, in December declined despite the D.C. Lottery’s sports betting app seeing a 10% increase in handle.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.19.21 – New Virginia Sports Betting Bill Adds Items It Meant To Add Last Year
- One of the authors of last year’s Virginia sports betting bill wants to add some items he thought were in the bill that first legalized sportsbooks.
- PlayVirginia, 1.20.21 – New Virginia Bill Would Expand Number Of Legal Sportsbooks
- The Virginia General Assembly could bolster a soon-to-launch market by expanding the number of sports betting licenses that the Virginia Lottery can issue.
- PlayTenn, 1.19.21 – Sportsbooks Push Responsible Gambling Boundaries With Delayed Withdrawals
- New Jersey’s sports betting regulator, the Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE), recently called out sportsbook operators for encouraging players to cancel their withdrawals and continue wagering. Could similar violations be taking place in Tennessee and elsewhere?
- PlayIA, 1.19.21 – Here We Grow Again: WynnBet Sportsbook Joins The Expanding Fray In Iowa
- It’s only been about three weeks since online registration for online sports betting took over in Iowa, but it seems like licensees in the state are having no trouble selling off their skins.
- iGB North America, 1.19.21 – Mississippi To Revisit Online Sports Betting In New Bill
- Lawmakers in Mississippi are to consider a new bill that seeks to legalize online sports betting in the US state.
- Law360, 1.19.21 – Texas Bill Seeks To Legalize And Tax Sports Betting (subscription paywall)
- Texas would legalize sports betting and impose a 6.25% tax on all bets under a bill introduced in the state House of Representatives.
- iGB North America, 1.19.21 – New Mexico Bill Would Permit Online Betting, Table Games
- Two New Mexico legislators have pre-filed a bill that would permit sports betting – both retail and online – and table games at the state’s racetracks.
- Sports Handle, 1.19.21 – New Washington Bill Would Allow Mobile Sports Betting, Include Card Rooms
- Last year, Washington State lawmakers became the first to legalize a sweeping sports betting bill allowing tribes to offer sports wagering exclusively.