iDEA Growth in the News:
- SBC, 1.20.22: Research Paper Evaluates Igaming Impact In Indiana If Legalized (iDEA Growth & John Pappas mentioned)
- A new research study has shown that the state of Indiana would raise nearly $500m in new tax revenues if it enacts HB 1356, a bill that would bring online gaming to the Hoosier State.
- Online Poker Report, 1.19.22: BetMGM CEO: ‘Winds Are Turning’ For Casinos’ Stance On Online Gambling (iDEA Growth mentioned)
- The CEO of BetMGM, the US market leader in online casino gambling, said today that the “winds are turning” in favor of iGaming growth for two reasons.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 1.20.22: Sportradar Hires Former Bloomberg Executive Andrew Bimson
- Sportradar has appointed former Bloomberg executive Andrew Bimson to the newly created role of Chief Operating Officer of its North America division.
- SBC, 1.20.22: PointsBet Successfully Tests ‘Always On’ In-game Betting During NFL Playoffs
- PointsBet has announced that its test run of offering its clients live, in-game betting opportunities with zero suspensions across the core markets of spread and moneyline – Always On – was a success.
- SBC, 1.20.22: DraftKings secures Washington state access via Tulalip Tribes
- DraftKings Inc has reached an agreement with the Tulalip Tribes of Washington, securing exclusive market access to bring retail sportsbooks to the state of Washington.
- Penn Bets, 1.19.22: Parx Mini-Casino Expected To Open In Late 2022, PointsBet To Launch Within Weeks
- State licensing approvals were granted Wednesday for Parx Casino to develop Pennsylvania’s fourth mini-casino and for PointsBet to become the state’s 14th online sportsbook and 18th iCasino.
- Play USA, 1.19.22: Virginia To Add Betway, SI Sportsbook by April, Plus Could Allow College Betting (888 mentioned)
- SI Sportsbook and Betway expect to launch in Virginia by April. This is according to Gina Smith, deputy director of Gaming Compliance at the Virginia Lottery.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.19.22: No Closer To Mobile Maryland Sports Betting Timeline After Latest Meeting
- Maryland sports betting continued its slow chug toward mobile Wednesday.
- Sports Handle, 1.19.22: Missouri Pro Teams, Casinos Make Deal To Back Sports Betting
- Six Missouri pro sports teams and existing casino operators in the state came to an agreement Wednesday to back sports betting legislation that would allow for statewide mobile wagering tethered to existing gaming locations.
- Sports Handle, 1.19.22: Iowa Lawmakers Start Discussing What To Do With Sports Betting’s ‘Golden Egg’
- If the sports betting world ever needed more proof that the combination of remote registration and digital wagering is the cash cow that stakeholders say it is, look no further than Iowa.
- Play USA, 1.19.22: Indiana Lawmakers Take Fresh Look At iGaming
- Lawmakers in the Hoosier State will take another crack at legalizing iGaming in 2022.