iDEA Growth in the News:
- Play IN, 1.20.22: Study Says Online Casino Gaming Would Bring Big Bucks To Indiana (iDEA & John Pappas mentioned)
- A new study projects legalizing online casino gaming would bring Indiana nearly $500 million in tax revenue over the next five years.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 1.20.22: Affinity Interactive And GNOG Team Up For Missouri Market Access
- Affinity Interactive and Golden Nugget Online Gaming (GNOG) have paired up in a multi-year agreement that would give GNOG access to the Missouri online gambling market when it opens.
- SBC, 1.21.22: Nevada Approves Sightline’s Remote Account Creation Petition
- Sightline Payments’ petition to change Nevada’s gaming regulations has been approved by the Nevada Gaming Commission, meaning casino visitors in-state will now be able to create, verify, and fund their cashless wagering accounts remotely.
- SBC, 1.21.22: PointsBet Awarded Sports Wagering License In Pennsylvania
- PointsBet has announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, PointsBet Pennsylvania, has been awarded sports wagering and interactive gaming operator licenses in Pennsylvania by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
- Play USA, 1.20.22: DraftKings Pledges Over $1.5 Million To Support Responsible Gambling Programs In Its States
- A new DraftKings responsible gambling program will augment the resources of agencies that work to make gaming safer in states that DraftKings operates.
- Online Poker Report, 1.20.22: PointsBet Casino Paves The Way To A Third State Launch, Obtaining Pennsylvania Licenses
- PointsBet Casino is now in every large state in the US that allows online gambling. Today, the company announced it obtained online casino and sports betting licenses in Pennsylvania.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 1.21.22: SportsHandle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- IGB, 1.21.22: Pennsylvania Smashes Revenue And Handle Records In 2021
- Pennsylvania set a host of new records across a number of areas in its regulated gambling market in 2021, with total revenue in the state reaching $4.73bn.
- Play PA, 1.20.22: Pennsylvania Sports Betting Handle Remains Near Highs With $750 Million In December
- Betting volume at Pennsylvania’s online and retail sportsbooks remained near all-time highs in December with more than $750 million in wagers as revenue slipped from November’s record.
- Play USA, 1.20.22: Data Shows Most New York Online Sports Bettors Are New To The Legal Market
- New research shows that for most New York sports bettors, the inconvenience of crossing state lines to place legal online bets was a deterrent over the past few years.
- Sports Handle, 1.20.22: NY Bill Looks To Prevent Online Sportsbooks From Seeking Lower Tax Rate
- The early figures on mobile sports betting in New York are staggering, providing longtime state Assemblyman J. Gary Pretlow with optimism that the Empire State will become the nation’s most robust market for online sports wagering.
- Sports Handle, 1.20.22: Maryland Mobile Sports Betting Launch Timeline Still Murky
- There was some hope among Marylanders that the first Sports Wagering Application Review Commission (SWARC) meeting of 2022 could bring a better understanding of when the state might launch mobile sports betting.
- Play VA, 1.20.22: Punch It In: It’s Time To Lift Virginia’s College Betting Ban On In-State Schools
- Twelve months, 11 sportsbook launches and $3 billion in wagers later, the Virginia sports betting market is ready to evolve for its next chapter.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.20.22: Promised Mobile MS Sports Betting Bill Includes Major Barriers
- Mississippi Rep. Casey Eure said he wanted to protect land-based casino operators by expanding mobile MS sports betting throughout the state.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.20.22: Analysis: Oklahoma Sports Betting Bill Backed By Questionable Numbers
- In a state with only 4 million people like Oklahoma, $240 million sounds like a lot of new revenue from sports betting.
- The Advocate, 1.20.22: Louisiana Sports Wagering Reaches $39.5 Million In December
- Nearly $39.5 million was wagered at Louisiana’s state-licensed casinos in December, the second full month of legalized sports betting.
- WXYZ, 1.21.22: Online Betting & Casinos Generated Nearly $4 Billion In Wagers Its First Year In Michigan
- Michigan online casinos and sports betting is celebrating its one-year anniversary this weekend. Internet casinos and sports betting had $1.4 billion in revenue in 2021, and experts say it will continue to grow.