Industry News of the Day for January 24, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 1.24.22: PointsBet Enters Sports Betting Partnership With Troon
- PointsBet has entered into a strategic partnership with Troon, a provider of golf and club-related leisure and hospitality services, making the operator the official and exclusive sports betting partner of Troon.
- SBC, 1.24.22: Tiidal Gaming To Provide Betting Solutions To Everymatrix’s Sportsbooks
- Esports and gaming platform Tiidal Gaming, and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Sportsflare, has entered a partnership with EveryMatrix to integrate its Sportsflare proprietary betting solutions into the latter’s sportsbooks.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 1.21.22: Get A Grip — The Week In Sports Betting: A Journey Across The United States
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- SBC, 1.24.22: Pennsylvania Sportsbooks See $6.5bn In 2021 Wagers
- Pennsylvania’s sportsbooks betting volume was near an all-time high in December with more than $750m in wagers as revenue slipped from November’s record, according to PlayPennsylvania, which tracks regulated online gaming and sports betting in the state.
- IGB, 1.24.22: New Yorkers Stake $600m In Opening Nine Days Of Mobile Betting
- Consumers spent more than $600.0m during the first nine days of regulated mobile sports betting in New York, while revenue surpassed $48.0m.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.21.22: NY Sportsbooks Take $600M In Bets In First 9 Days Of Online Betting
- Talk about a debut: mobile NY sportsbooks just rewrote the record books when it comes to a new market launch.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.21.22: VA Sportsbooks Might Become First To Lose Promo Deductions
- Virginia sports bettors might have more betting markets and operating VA sportsbooks might become more expensive if two pieces of legislation pass this session.
- Tulsa World, 1.24.22: With Bill, Oklahoma Legalized Sports Betting Prospects May Improve, But Obstacles Remain
- The introduction of a bill that could pave the way for legalized sports betting in Oklahoma might be cause for optimism for some, but major obstacles remain.
- TN Bets, 1.21.22: Tennessee Clears $3 Billion In All-Time Sports Betting Handle
- Tennessee became the eighth state in the post-PASPA era to surpass $3 billion in sports betting handle after the Sports Wagering Advisory Council reported a handle of approximately $341.8 million Friday.
- Play TN, 1.21.22: Tennessee Sportsbooks Stay Hot In December With $340 Million In Wagers
- Bettors poured more than $340 million in bets into Tennessee’s sportsbooks in December, the third highest monthly handle in state history.
- IGB, 1.21.22: Iowa Sports Betting Dashboard: January 2022
- Iowa’s sportsbook operators reported a combined revenue of $266.5m in December, a decline of 7.1% month-on-month.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.21.22: Retail Louisiana Sports Betting Grows With Mobile On The Horizon
- A launch for mobile sports betting in Louisiana is still in limbo.
- SBC, 1.24.22: Michigan Sportsbooks Hit $3.5bn Handle In 2021
- One year on from the launch of betting apps in the state’s marketplace, Michigan has been on a steady path of growth in terms of 2021 revenue, according to GreatLakeStakes.com, part of the Gambling.com Group.