- Legal Sports Report, 1.24.19 – NY Sports Betting Regulations Finally Appear To Be On The Way
- The New York State Gaming Commission is finally ready to talk about how it intends to regulate sports betting.
- Westchester Journal News, 1.25.19 – Rockland bettors lured by Jersey’s legal sports gambling
- Ten years ago, Mara Mendicino had four or five problem-gambling clients at Lexington Center for Recovery in Airmont.
- KTNV, 1.24.19 – Vegas sportsbooks are adapting to increase in sports betting legalization
- In the world of sports betting, it doesn’t get any more significant than the big game.
- iGaming Business, 1.24.29 – DC Mayor approves sports betting law
- Regulated sports betting in Washington DC has moved a step closer after Mayor Muriel Bowser effectively signalled a two-month countdown to the Sports Wagering Lottery Amendment Act coming into law.
- Washington City Paper, 1.24.19 – Mapping the Ties Between D.C. Councilmembers and Sports Betting Lobbyists
- D.C. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson warned his fellow councilmembers. If they didn’t pass emergency legislation, sidestepping the competitive bid process for the District’s lucrative new sports gambling contract, they should prepare for the “onslaught of lobbying” that would surely follow.
- Des Moines Register, 1.24.19 – Forbes: Iowa sports betting laws require thorough vetting
- The future of sports betting in Iowa may change dramatically in the relatively near future. A United States Supreme Court ruling last May allowed states to set up sports wagering. A bill in the Iowa Legislature to establish sports wagering failed to advance last year pending the Supreme Court ruling.
- News-Press, 1.24.19 – ‘Good shot’ at legalized sports betting in Iowa this year, key lawmaker says
- Sports betting has “a very good shot” of being legalized in Iowa this year, a key state lawmaker says.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.25.19 – Is Mississippi Ready To Correct Its Biggest Sports Betting Mistake?
- A new bill at the state legislature would bring Mississippi sports betting into the 21st century with mobile wagering.
- Arkansas Democrat Gazette, 1.24.19 – Arkansas’ Southland Gaming & Racing plans casino, hotel in $250M expansion
- A $250 million expansion of Southland Gaming & Racing that includes a new casino complex and a 20-story hotel will be announced today in West Memphis, the dog-racing venue’s owners told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette on Wednesday.
- Sports Handle, 1.25.19 – New Jersey Sports Betting Year One: Trends And Outlook
- New Jersey sportsbooks in retail form and online took $1.24 billion in wagers in 2018 from mid-June when the first books launched until the end of the year, by which time eight in-person sportsbooks launched and eight more came online.
- NJ Online Gambling, 1.24.19 – NJ’s Ray Lesniak Delaying Sports Betting Book Release: Here’s Why
- Anyone looking forward to reading a forthcoming book next week former New Jersey state Senator Ray Lesniak – who would be on any Mount Rushmore of U.S. sports betting expansion – will have to hold their enthusiasm.
- NJ Online Gambling, 1.24.19 – The Year That Was For New Jersey Gambling Revenue, In Chart Form
- New casinos, new sportsbooks, and swarms of new sites for players to get their gamble on: 2018 will be remembered as the year that New Jersey attempted to take back its unofficial title of “Premier East Coast Gambling Destination,” a distinction it really hasn’t held since Pennsylvania casinos dealt their first hand of live blackjack back in 2010.
- WBSM, 1.24.19 – Southeast Casino Process Delayed A Little Longer
- Gambling regulators agreed Thursday that deciding whether to restart the bidding process for the southeastern Massachusetts casino license will have to wait a little bit longer.
- Penn Bets, 1.24.19 – Who Stands To Lose The Most In PA From The DOJ’s Wire Act Opinion Reversal?
- The new interpretation issued by the Department of Justice (DOJ) pertaining to online gambling sent a shock through the industry, while at the same time creating worry and uncertainty.
- Play PA, 1.24.19 – PGCB Won’t Weigh In On Sugarhouse’s NJ Underage Gambling Incident
- Pennsylvania remains months away from rolling out the state’s first online gambling platforms. Yet, already, one provider might have some questions to answer.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.25.19 – Connecticut Sports Betting Law Already Exists, Yet Another Bill Just Dropped
- Do not adjust your receiver: a new Connecticut sports betting bill did just appear at the state legislature.
- Sports Handle, 1.24.19 – Virginia Lawmakers Putting Brakes On Legal Sports Betting?
- At least three Virginia lawmakers want to make a move on sports betting during the 2019 General Assembly session. But there is a movement afoot to quash gaming efforts — sports betting and otherwise — by several key senators, and the governor.
- Poker News Report, 1.24.19 – West Virginia Delays Online Gambling Bill
- An online gambling bill introduced in West Virginia earlier this month won’t be acted on quickly, the hold pattern likely influenced by the recent DOJ opinion.
- Play USA, 1.24.19 – He Week After The DOJ Wire Act Opinion Reversal: Chaos Still Reigns
- On Jan. 14, the Office of Legal Counsel (DOLC) at the Department of Justice (DOJ) issued a revised opinion on the applicability of the Wire Act. This apparently innocuous act may have serious implications for the nascent online gambling industry in the US.
Sports League News:
- Legal Sports Report, 1.25.19 – NCAA Head: Sports Betting Is ‘Going To Threaten The Integrity Of College Sports In Many Ways’
- NCAA President Mark Emmert talked about the advent of legal sports betting in the US at his organization’s annual meeting, and he doesn’t sound happy about it.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 1.25.19 – DraftKings NJ Online Casino To Add Live-Dealer Games From Evolution
- Evolution Gaming has announced that it will supply its live-dealer services to DraftKings online casino in New Jersey.
- NJ Gambling Sites, 1.24.19 – Deal With It: Evolution Gaming Inks Live Dealer Gaming Deal With DraftKings
- The Boston-based company behind the market leading NJ sports betting app is ready to up its casino ante.
- NJ Online Casino, 1.24.19 – With DraftKings Sportsbook, It’s Hip To Be Square For Super Bowl 2019
- As one might expect, every sportsbook in New Jersey is planning something special for the Super Bowl. DraftKings Sportsbook is going with an old favorite — Super Bowl Squares.
Overall Industry News:
- ESPN, 1.25.19 – Betting the Super Bowl only seems like a good idea
- Gambling on the Super Bowl is very fun. And one of the many joys of the biggest day on the American sports calendar is the hundreds of Super Bowl prop bets posted at Las Vegas sportsbooks.
- Chicago Tribune, 1.24.19 – Column: Brent Musburger calls CBS Sports boss’ line against Super Bowl gambling talk ‘ridiculous’ and ‘stupid’
- Yet you apparently won’t hear about that from Jim Nantz, Tony Romo or anyone else on CBS’ broadcast of the game. “Our policy has been … we don’t discuss gambling information,” CBS Sports Chairman Sean McManus said Wednesday. “We just, we don’t do that.”
- The Lines, 1.24.19 – How Much Money Will Be Bet On The Super Bowl In 2019?
- The Super Bowl is the most popular sporting event of the year. Not only do millions of people watch the Big Game on TV but plenty of people wager, legally and illegally, on the Super Bowl. There were more than $150 million in legal wagers on the Super Bowl in Nevada alone in 2018.