iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 1.28.20 – DraftKings Study Shows Significant Shift Toward Legal Football Betting
- In advance of the biggest game on the NFL calendar – Sunday’s Super Bowl final – DFS and sports betting firm DraftKings has revealed findings from a national consumer study of American sports fans, including how 82% are considering placing a legal wager on the game.
- Sports Handle, 1.27.20 – DraftKings, FanDuel Announce Market Access Deals In Colorado
- On Monday, two of the leading online/mobile sports betting brands announced deals to enter the upcoming Colorado sports betting market. Voters approved sports wagering in a referendum in November.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.27.20 – Colorado Sportsbooks Coming From DraftKings, FanDuel Via Twin River
- Two of the biggest US sportsbooks, FanDuel and DraftKings, will make their splash into Colorado sports betting through Twin River Worldwide Holdings.
- SBC Americas, 1.27.20 – Sportradar Pens Official US Sports Data Supply Deal With INTRALOT
- INTRALOT Inc, a subsidiary of INTRALOT Group in the US, and Sportradar, a global provider of sports data intelligence, have formalized a new partnership to serve the rapidly expanding North American sports betting market.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.27.20 – A Look At Where People Are Betting Online In The US Ahead Of The Super Bowl
- The legal US online sports betting industry is still in its very early stages. But with the Super Bowl looming, you can legally bet online statewide in nine states.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.28.20 – Delaware North Casinos Back In Sports Betting Via New Deal Involving IGT, Betgenius; WV Sportsbooks To Return
- Nearly a year after shuttering its WV sports betting operations, Delaware North today announced IGT as its new sportsbook partner.
- Front Office Sports, 1.27.20 – NBC Mulls Sports Betting Role After Success Of Fan Predictor App
- NBC launched its Sports Predictor App in December 2018 with a single-game contest that allowed soccer fans to win cash by correctly predicting the outcomes of five Premier League matches over a weekend.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC Americas, 1.28.20 – Golden Race And SCCG Management Push Virtual Sports Offer In US
- Virtual sports specialist Golden Race has firmed up a new partnership with SCCG Management to make its award-winning virtual sports betting technologies available to US operators.
- Radio World, 1.27.20 – Radio Gambles On Sports Betting
- Who would have thought that a Supreme Court decision would spur the growth of a new talk radio format? But that’s what appears to be happening since May 2018 when the Supreme Court ended the federal ban on sports betting.
Sports League News:
- ESPN, 1.28.20 – Survey: $6.8 Billion Could Be Bet On Super Bowl
- This year, approximately 26 million Americans — more than one in 10 adults — may combine to bet an estimated $6.8 billion on Super Bowl LIV between the San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs, according to survey results released Tuesday by the American Gaming Association.
- Fox Business, 1.28.20 – Super Bowl LIV Betting To Draw Record Turnout, Billions In Wagers
- A record number of Americans are expected to place wagers on Super Bowl LIV as more states legalize sports betting, according to estimates released Tuesday by a casino industry trade group.
- US Bets, 1.28.20 – Legal Betting On Super Bowl Is Booming – But So Is Illegal Betting, So Far
- Nearly 4 million Americans will place a legal sports wager on the Super Bowl at a brick-and-mortar sportsbook — a 25% increase from last year — according to a survey released on Tuesday by the American Gaming Association.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.27.20 – TheScore Bet CEO On NJ Sports Betting Competition: ‘Bring It On’
- TheScore Bet, the sports betting app from Score Media, which is live in New Jersey, took $6.7 million in bets during its fiscal first quarter.
- The Press Of Atlantic City, 1.27.20 – Bill To Allow Wagering On eSports Introduced
- Looking to capitalize on New Jersey’s growing sports betting market, a state lawmaker has proposed allowing legal wagers on esports.
- NJ Spotlight, 1.28.20 – Bill Would Legalize Betting On League Of Legends, Other Esport Tournaments
- As sports betting continues to grow as an industry in New Jersey, state lawmakers are looking at ways to adapt it to video-game competitions known as “esports” that have also been rapidly expanding.
- Pittsburgh Business Times, 1.28.20 – Online NFL Gaming Hasn’t Boosted TV Ratings So Far
- The introduction of legal sports betting in Pennsylvania had no discernible impact on NFL viewership in the state’s two largest TV markets this season, a reminder that the increased engagement many expected to see from expanded legal gambling may require both time and seasoning.
- PlayPennsylvania, 1.27.20 – Oscars, Presidential Election, Weather: You Can Bet Them, But Not At PA Sportsbooks
- Life is a gamble from beginning to end, not just on sporting events. And plenty of offbeat bets are available if you do a bit of looking.
- PlayPennsylvania, 1.27.20 – Powerball And Mega Millions Tickets Now Just A Click Away In PA
- Powerball and Mega Millions are available to purchase in Pennsylvania online through the iLottery platform.
- The CT Mirror, 1.28.20 – A Tribe, A State And A Mutual Reliance On Gambling
- Connecticut’s governor and lawmakers face questions about the state’s tolerance for more gambling, what it owes tribal partners and whether there is the political will to make hard choices.
- Sports Handle, 1.27.20 – Kansas Kicks Around Sports Betting, Again
- Kansas lawmakers jumped into the sports wagering fray yet again last week, this time with a bill that would allow state-wide mobile with no in-person registration requirement, no carve-out on collegiate events and operator-friendly tax rates.
- KAKE, 1.27.20 – Online Sports Gaming Bill
- Kansas is home to a handful of casinos. But soon, gambling could be at your fingertips.
- Online Poker Report, 1.27.20 – Eager Online Poker Players In For A Long Wait In Michigan
- If your New Year’s resolution included playing online poker on a regulated platform in Michigan, you’re probably going to be making the same pledge next year.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.28.20 – 2020 Vision: Will Second Chance Be Enough To Pass Ohio Sports Betting?
- There was a lot of action for Ohio sports betting in the state legislature last year, but it amounted to no movement.
- Com, 1.28.20 – Here’s Where You Can Place Super Bowl Bets Just Across The State Line From Ohio
- If you’ve got a good hunch on a Super Bowl bet, don’t bother stopping by an Ohio casino or racino. They’re not allowed to take sports bets.
- PlayIndiana, 1.27.20 – Five Potential Problems With The Latest Illinois Sports Betting Regulations
- As Illinois continues to move toward rolling out its legal sportsbooks, the state released a new set of regulations for regulated sports betting. While some of the rules are standard to the industry, there are others that raise eyebrows.
- Play Indiana, 1.27.20 – List Of Approved Sportsbook Licensees In Indiana Grows To Seven
- PointsBet will be joining the sports betting party in the Hoosier State. The Indiana Gaming Commission (IGC) added the online sportsbook to its list of approved licensees this morning.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.27.20 – Betfred To Launch Sportsbooks In Four States This Year; First Is Today In Iowa
- Betfred USA will launch its first official sports betting operation when its retail sportsbook opens at Iowa‘s Grand Falls Casino today.
- Miami Herald, 1.27.20 – Legislative Wild Card Would Authorize Sports Betting In Florida
- It may be the ultimate legislative session wild card, but House and Senate leaders confirmed Monday they are engaged in an effort to reach a deal with the governor that would update Florida’s gambling laws by allowing organized sports betting and bring in new revenue from the Seminole Tribe.
- WPTV, 1.28.20 – Florida House Looks Again At Lottery Ticket Warning
- After similar proposals were vetoed twice in recent years, House leaders are again trying to slap a warning on lottery tickets, while also seeking to declare the lottery off-limits if Florida allows sports gambling.
- Gambling Compliance, 1.28.20 – Sports-Betting Operators Signing Market Access Deals In Colorado (subscription paywall)
- Sports-betting operators are continuing to flock to the Rocky Mountains to complete market access deals in Colorado after the passage of friendly legislation and draft regulations that also appear to be conductive to a competitive market.
- Law360, 1.27.20 – Agency Moves To Require Monthly Betting Tax Payments (subscription paywall)
- The Colorado Department of Revenue would require monthly remittances of the state’s 10% tax on net sports betting.
- The Spokesman-Review, 1.28.20 – House Considers Legalized Betting On Some Sporting Events
- Betting on Sunday’s Super Bowl is illegal in Washington, but in the future it wouldn’t be under a proposal being considered by a House committee.
- Online Poker Report, 1.27.20 – What Does A Tribal Bingo Case In California Have To Do With US Sports Betting Legislation?
- There has recently been a lot of talk about a Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals case and what it might mean for online sports betting.
- KUSI, 1.27.20 – California Tribal Casinos Must Gather 1 Million Signatures To Approve Sports Betting
- Local tribes are collecting signatures in the hopes of getting approval for sports betting at California tribal casinos. They need to collect 1 million valid signatures in order to put the proposal on the November ballot.