iDEA Growth Member News
- Online Poker Report, 1.28.21 – Gambling Apps Coming To Google Play Store In US For First Time After Change In Policy (DraftKings)
- Gambling apps will be allowed in the Google Play store in the United States for the first time, according to a change in Google’s Developer Program Policy.
- US Bets, 1.28.21 – Google Dropping Longstanding US Ban On Sports Betting, Casino Apps In The Play Store
- Shares in several top sports betting companies such as DraftKings and Penn National Gaming popped on Thursday afternoon amid reports that Google is reversing longstanding policies banning mobile sports wagering and casino apps on its Google Play Store platform in the U.S.
- Business Insider, 1.29.21 – A Surge Of M&A Deals Could Shape US Sports Betting In 2021 — Including A Major Acquisition By Draftkings And ‘Generous And Creative’ Bids For Bleacher Report
- Mergers and acquisitions will shape the legal sports-betting industry in the US in 2021.
- PlayMichigan, 1.28.21 – Will Fox Bet Launch In Michigan Before The Super Bowl?
- Ten Michigan sports betting sites are taking action right now for the 2021 Super Bowl on Feb. 7. But one big name has not yet joined the group: Fox Bet. Will Fox Bet join the party by kickoff?
- PlayUSA, 1.28.21 – PlayUSA Projection: $500 Million+ In Super Bowl LV Bets In Regulated US Markets
- PlayUSA projects that Americans will legally wager more than $500 million on Super Bowl LV across all regulated US markets, representing a substantial uptick from the estimated $300 million in 2020.
- Gambling.Com, 1.28.21 – AGA’s Miller Points To Sports Betting As Key Gaming Recovery
- American Gaming Association President and CEO Bill Miller addressed the gaming industry’s ongoing recovery from the setbacks of the COVID-19 pandemic Thursday in a public presentation that outlined how the industry trade group is trying to help that recovery.
- New York Post, 1.28.21 – New Jersey Is By Far The New King Of Sports Betting
- Not only is New Jersey the new No. 1 state in the nation for sports betting handle, it’s covering a big spread of $1.7 billion over the runner-up Nevada.
- Penn Bets, 1.28.21 – Live Dealers Lend A Hand In Boosting PA iGaming Revenue To New Heights
- The iGaming industry relies on computer speed and operations that no person could hope to duplicate, but Pennsylvania’s record month for online casino gaming in December got a boost from human hands and faces.
- Gambling.Com, 1.28.21 – Massachusetts Won’t Have Shortage Of Sports Betting Bills
- Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker has introduced new sports betting legislation prior to his overall state budget proposal before the Massachusetts Municipal Association’s annual meeting on Friday.
- WRIC, 1.28.21 – Virginia Sports Betting Is Live, Adding To The State’s List Of Gambling Opportunities
- In a state where decades-long debates raged over legalizing varying forms of gambling, sports betting has added itself to Virginia’s ranks of risk opportunities.
- Sports Handle, 1.28.21 – Maryland Lawmakers Seek To Bring Gambling Addiction Education To High School Students
- In what would be a first-in-the-nation mandate, a Maryland state senator has introduced a bill that would mandate teaching high school students about the dangers of problem gambling.
- The Washington Examiner, 1.28.21 – Sports Wagering Generates $3M In Revenue For Tennessee In December
- Tennessee collected more than $3 million in sports wagering revenue in December, according to a report from the Tennessee Education Lottery.
- MLive, 1.29.21 – Online Gaming, Sports Betting Off To Roaring Start In Michigan
- At noon Friday, 10 Michigan casinos and their platform providers went live, offering either online sports betting, online gaming, or both. By all accounts, the first few days were a huge success.
- iGB North America, 1.29.21 – Minnesota Introduces Retail And Online Sports Betting Legislation
- A bipartisan bill allowing for the regulation of sports wagering at racetracks and casinos, as well as online, has been introduced in the Minnesota State Senate.
- PlayIndiana, 1.28.21 – What Did We Learn From The First Full Year Of Legal Indiana Sports Betting?
- Indiana’s industry is still climbing, but data published over its first 16 months does provide a meaningful preview of its potential in the decades to come.
- iGB North America, 1.29.21 – New Bill Proposes Legal Online And Land-Based Sports Betting In Alabama
- Legislators in Alabama are to run the rule over a new bill that seeks to legalize online, mobile and land-based sports betting in the US state.
- US Bets, 1.28.21 – Nevada Sports Betting Handle Down Nearly 20% From 2019 To 2020
- The Nevada Gaming Control Board reported an estimated sports betting handle of $588 million for the month of December on Thursday, capping a rough 2020 in a gaming market heavily impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.