Industry news of the day:
- Legal Sports Report, 1.3.19 – Isn’t This Special, Philly? Parx Ready to Join PA Sports Betting Ranks Next Week
- Get ready for another sportsbook, Philadelphia: Parx Casino plans to start its PA sports betting operation Tuesday.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.3.19 – How Much Can We Really Learn from Four Days of RI Sports Betting Revenue?
- New Englanders apparently like the idea of RI sports betting, if the first four days of wagering give any indication.
- Online Poker Report, 1.3.19 – Michigan is the Biggest Loser Under Governor’s Online Gambling Veto
- In deciding to veto a set of online gambling bills, former Gov. Rick Snyder left Michiganders with a lump of coal in their stockings on his way out the door.
- Casino Games Pro, 1.4.19 – Could 2019 be more Favorable to Michigan’s Online Gambling Following Major Setbacks after Governor Snyder’s Veto?
- Last week, the Governor of Michigan Rick Snyder vetoed the proposed online gambling bill HB 4611 on his way out the institution.
- Pokerfuse, 1.3.19 – Michigan Fails to Legalize Online Gaming in 2018
- The “Lawful Internet Gaming Act” got squashed by Michigan Governor Rick Snyder just days before he left office. Had the bill passed it would have seen the legalization of online poker, slots and other forms of online gaming for players within the state of Michigan.
- Sports Handle, 1.3.19 – Breaking Down Caesars’ Deal to Run Tribal Sportsbooks in New York
- The Oneida Indian Nation in central upstate New York announced Wednesday it has struck a deal with Caesars Entertainment to offer sports betting at its three tribal gaming locations.
- NJ Gambling Sites, 1.4.19 – Down the NJ Sports Betting Stretch: Freehold Raceway Mapping Out its Launch Plans
- Freehold Raceway did not make it out of the NJ sports betting starting gates in 2018. It’s looking like this year is going to be a different story.
- Nj Gambling Sites, 1.3.19 – Atlantic City Casinos Head into 2019 with Smiles on their Faces
- Atlantic City casino news has taken a back seat lately to all the NJ sports betting talk and online casino revenue chatter.
- Arkansas Democrat Gazette, 1.4.19 – New
official added to lawsuit by foes of Arkansas casino
- The Arkansas Racing Commission and a newly sworn-in county judge were added to a lawsuit that seeks to nullify a letter of support for a Mississippi company that wants to build a hotel and casino in Russellville, Ben Cross, the current county judge in Pope County, said Thursday.
- Commercial appeal, 1.3.19 – The
9:01: How sports betting could upgrade schools and public transit in
- Thanks to a U.S. Supreme Court ruling last May, Tennessee is looking this year to cash in on the estimated $150 billion professional and college sports betting industry.
- WMC 5, 1.3.19 – State
lawmakers request sports betting legislation
- State lawmakers start the next legislative session Tuesday in Nashville, with sports betting as a main focus.
- The Baltimore Sun, 1.4.9 – 9 key issues that Maryland lawmakers will address during the 2019 General Assembly session
- Maryland’s 188 lawmakers go back to work Wednesday for their annual 90-day General Assembly session. From abortion to marijuana to sports betting, here’s a look at at some of the key issues they’ll be facing.
- No new federal updates to report.
Sports league updates:
- Legal Sports Report, 1.3.19 – NFL Gets into Gambling in a Big Way, Adds Caesars Entertainment as ‘Official Casino Sponsor’
- The NFL now has a casino sponsor as legal sports betting spreads across the United States.
- Sports Handle, 1.3.19 – NFL Strikes Deal with Caesars – League’s First Official Casino Partner
- Last month when the NFL announced it would hold its 2020 draft in Las Vegas, it also publicly wished for a gaming partner. Poof! Less than a month later, the league has signed a deal with Caesars Entertainment to be its casino partner. To be clear, this is not a sports betting deal, like the ones the other major professional leagues have signed with MGM International, but a casino deal.
- ESPN, 1.3.19 – NFL partners with Caesars Entertainment in first casino sponsorship
- For the first time, the NFL is partnering with a casino at the league level.
- iGaming Business, 1.4.19 – AGA celebrates NFL’s first gambling deal
- The American Gaming Association (AGA) has welcomed the National Football League (NFL) becoming the last of the four major US sports leagues to partner with a gambling operator following its deal with Caesars Entertainment.
- Concord Monitor, 1.3.19 – NFL: parlays with Caesars as sponsor minus sports betting
- The NFL entered a partnership with Caesars Entertainment on Thursday, the league’s first official casino sponsor. The multiyear deal, however, does not include sports betting or fantasy football.
- The Action Network, 1.4.19 – Rovell: NFL’s Big-Money Deal with Caesars Full of Hypocrisy
- On Thursday, the NFL announced that it signed a sponsorship deal with Caesars Entertainment to be the league’s first ever official casino partner.
- CBS Sports, 1.4.19 – NFL DFS for Wild Card Round: Best DraftKings, FanDuel daily fantasy football picks and lineups
- NFL DFS players have plenty of headlines to sift through ahead of Wild Card Weekend.
- iGaming Business, 1.3.19 – Bet.Works
hires Laila Mintas to oversee US expansion
- US-based iGaming and sportsbook technology start-up Bet.Works has strengthened its expansion efforts in the country’s burgeoning sports betting market by appointing Dr Laila Mintas as chair of its advisory board.
- NJ Gambling Sites, 1.3.19 – DraftKings
Eyes More Online Casino Games, Adds Slots, Roulette and Bonus Poker
- New Jersey’s industry-leading sports betting platform unveiled four new iGaming offerings on Tuesday — Cleopatra and Wheel of Fortune slots, Double Double Bonus poker and roulette.
- Play NJ, 1.3.19 – Are
you ready for some football this weekend? NJ online sportsbooks sure are
- Sportsbooks in New Jersey are no doubt approaching the end of football season with some regret since football is the busiest time of the year for sports betting.
Overall industry updates:
- Legal Sports Report, 1.3.19 – An LSR Fireside Chat, Part 2: Who Were the Mount Rushmore Figures of Sports Betting in 2018?
- Welcome back to a (mostly) civil discussion among the Legal Sports Report staff on the sports betting year that was. The last 12 months in sports betting proved enormously eventful and covered more ground than we possibly could review.
- The Sports Daily, 1.3.19 – Where is Online Gambling going in 2019?
- The online gambling industry boasts of being a pioneer in adopting new technologies. Whether it is video gaming designs, marketing or payment systems, online casinos don’t shy away from embracing technology. So, what awaits of the industry in 2019?
- Know Techie, 1.4.19 – Can you cheat online gaming sites?
- A genuinely foolproof way of cheating online gaming sites could make you some serious money. Plenty of people say they can do it, and many software companies say they have the tools to help you cheat online casinos. But is it possible? Read on to find out.
- iGaming Business, 1.4.19 – iGaming Dashboard – January 2019
- H2 Gambling Capital and iGaming Business are pleased to bring you the January 2019 iGaming Dashboard.
- iGaming Business, 1.4.19 – MGM launches efficiency drive to achieve 2020 vision
- Las Vegas-headquartered casino operator MGM Resorts International has announced a major restructuring programme as it looks to increase earnings by $300m (£236.7m/€263m) by 2021.