Industry News of the Day for January 6, 2020
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 1.3.20 – What Does The DraftKings-SBTech Deal Mean For US Online Gambling?
- This year, DraftKings will become a publicly traded corporation. On December 23, the gambling revealed that it would be simultaneously going public in 2020 and merging with sportsbook technology provider SBTech.
- SBC Americas, 1.6.20 – Kambi Takes The Initiative In 2020 With New Marketing Campaign
- Global sports betting specialist Kambi, a highly active player in the US sports wagering sector, has made a bright start to 2020 with the launch of a brand new marketing campaign that sets out to underline its status as “the industry’s trusted sports betting partner.”
- SBC Americas, 1.6.20 – Stars Group To Offer Online Betting In Michigan Via Odawa Partnership
- The Stars Group has confirmed its entry into the Michigan sports betting market via a new agreement with the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians Gaming Authority for online betting and gaming market access in the state.
- Gambling Compliance, 1.6.20 – The Key Issues In U.S. Sports Betting In 2020 (subscription paywall)
- After a lightning round in 2019 that saw 11 U.S. jurisdictions enact sports-betting legislation and several more launch under existing laws, Gambling Compliance looks ahead to some of the key issues that will shape the sports-betting landscape in 2020.
- The Regulatory Review, 1.4.20 – Regulating Sports Betting After Murphy v. NCAA
- The state of Rhode Island recently bought into what is supposed to be one of the greatest victories for states—the legalization of sports betting—but the payouts have been far lower than expected.
- Sports Handle, 1.3.20 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: Bill Would Alter IGRA, MD Moving?
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top stories and rounding up key stories in sports betting, gaming, and the world of sports at large.
- NJ Online Gambling, 1.3.20 – Rise Of Online Gambling Boosts Number Of NJ Jackpot Winners Nearly 60% In 2019
- As the New Jersey online casino industry continues to grow, so have the number of overall jackpot winners.
- The Baltimore Sun, 1.3.20 – 8 Key Issues Facing Maryland Lawmakers During The 2020 General Assembly Session
- Maryland’s 188 state lawmakers open their annual 90-day General Assembly session Wednesday at the State House in Annapolis. From education reform to thoroughbred racing to sports betting, here’s a look at at some of the key issues they’ll be facing.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.3.20 – 2020 Vision: California Sports Betting To Be A Hot-Ticket Item?
- If one lives in the Golden State, you often hear that California leads and other states follow. That’s not the case with California sports betting.
- NWI Times, 1.5.20 – Sports Wagering, Casino Moves ‘A Step In The Right Direction’ For Indiana, Governor Says
- In an exclusive interview with The Times, the Republican chief executive said he continues to believe in his hometown team — and the benefits of sports wagering in Indiana — that he’s willing to put his money where his mouth is no matter how dim the Colts’ prospects.
- WJHL, 1.5.20 – TN Lottery Accepting Public Comments For Draft Rules About Online Sports Betting
- Online sports betting in Tennessee continues to move forward.
- WAMC, 1.3.20 – New Hampshire Becomes Latest State With Sports Betting
- New Hampshire this week became the second New England state, after Rhode Island, to offer sports betting. The Granite State is encouraging people in Massachusetts to come across the state line to place wagers.
- Forbes, 1.5.20 – 8 Reasons Why The Florida Constitutional Amendment On “Casino Gambling” Does Not Bar The Legislative Authorization Of Sports Betting
- The debate over the legalization of sports betting in Florida intensifies next week when the Florida Legislature kicks off its 60-day legislative session.
- Norwalk Reflector, 1.4.20 – Sports Betting, Drug Law Reform On Tap For Ohio Statehouse In 2020
- After a year of talks, 2020 could see Ohio join neighbors like Michigan in offering sports betting.
- Gambling Compliance, 1.6.20 – Arkansas Judge Prevents Issuing Of Pope County Casino License (subscription paywall)
- A state judge has issued a temporary restraining order against the Arkansas Racing Commission (ARC) that prevents the regulatory body from issuing a casino license in Pope County to Legends Resort & Casino.
- Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, 1.4.20 – Can’t Grant Casino License, State Told
- A Pulaski County circuit judge granted a temporary restraining order Friday barring the state Racing Commission from issuing a license for a casino in Pope County, saying the commission violated its own rules when it opened a second window for applications.
- Associated Press, 1.4.20 – Car Insurance, Gambling, ‘Raise The Age’ Top New 2019 Laws
- Gamblers will be able to legally place sports bets and play casino games online. In-person sports wagers may be allowed first at casinos in Detroit, with online options following later.
- Battle Creek Enquirer, 1.3.20 – Sports Gambling Is Legal In Michigan. What Does It Mean For FireKeepers Casino?
- Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed the Lawful Sports Betting Act last month, which allows the Michigan Gaming Control Board to issue sports gambling licenses to tribal casinos.
Sports League News:
- Legal Sports Report, 1.6.20 – The XFL Launches Betting Integrity Program With Genius Sports
- The XFL has long believed sports betting would be a part of its plan for success. A new deal backs up that idea.
- KTVN, 1.5.20 – Sports Betting Increases As Super Bowl Nears
- The Atlantis Casino says with just weeks away from the big game, its seeing more people coming in to make a little extra cash.