Industry News of the Day for July 1, 2020
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 6.30.20 – DraftKings To Enter Illinois Sports Betting Market Through Casino Queen
- DraftKings appears to have moved ahead of FanDuel in the race to enter the potentially very lucrative sports betting market in Illinois, having reached an agreement with Casino Queen in East St. Louis.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.30.20 – DraftKings Secures Illinois Market Access, But When Will App Launch?
- DraftKings has secured market access for Illinois thanks to new partnership with the Casino Queen property in East St. Louis.
- Gambling Compliance, 7.1.20 – DraftKings Finds Illinois Partner As Remote Registration Extended (subscription paywall)
- DraftKings has found its market-access partner to enter the coveted Illinois sports-betting market in the form of the East St. Louis-based Casino Queen.
- SBC Americas, 7.1.20 – Penn Partners With Sportradar To Access Official NFL Sports Betting Data
- Penn National Gaming Inc has entered into a partnership with Sportradar, the global provider of sports data and content, to use official National Football League (NFL) data across the company’s sports betting platforms.
- Forbes, 7.1.20 – Why States Are Betting On Sports Gambling To Cover Budget Deficits
- Higher state budget deficits could serve as a potential catalyst for faster regulatory approval of sports betting, and its cousin, mobile casino gambling.
Overall Industry News:
- Gambling Compliance, 7.1.20 – Responsible Gambling Advocates Warn Of Post-Coronavirus Risks To Casino Patrons (subscription paywall)
- The reopening of casinos in Nevada and Pennsylvania after almost three months in lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic comes with risks but also new opportunities to tackle problem gambling, state gaming regulators and advocates have said.
- SBC Americas, 7.1.20 – Game Lounge Targets US Expansion With Betting.Com Acquisition
- Game Lounge, through its holding company Game Lounge Sweden AB, has announced this week that it has entered into an agreement to acquire the premium domain name of affiliate site Betting.com.
- NJ Online Gambling, 7.1.20 – NJ Governor Throws Struggling Atlantic City Casinos A Curveball
- Late Monday night, Gov. Phil Murphy he announced an indefinite hold on indoor dining, drinking, and smoking at casinos.
- PlayPennsylvania, 6.30.20 – PA Gaming Review: Philly Casinos Reopen, Penn Online Plans, More Poker Success
- Three casinos reopened last Friday, two in hard-hit suburbs of Philadelphia, but with lots of precautions in place.
- Sports Handle, 7.1.20 – Real Work For Virginia Sports Betting Starts Now
- When Virginia lawmakers voted to legalize sports betting in April, they were the first leg of what’s shaping up to be an aggressive relay. On July 1, they will officially hand the baton to the state lottery, with the goal of crossing the finish line to live, legal online sports betting in Virginia by the end of the year.
- PlayWV, 6.30.20 – Down In The Dumps: West Virginia Lottery Revenue Figures Suffer Due To COVID-19
- The West Virginia Lottery revenue figures were not pretty in the month of May. According to betting information released by the WV Lottery Commission, lottery revenue was down 67% compared to their monthly projections.
- PlayMichigan, 6.30.20 – TVG Goes Live As Advance Deposit Wagering Opens In Michigan
- While advance deposit wagering (ADW) in Michigan missed the first pole of the Triple Crown, it’s here for horse racing’s home stretch.
- PlayIllinois, 6.30.20 – Illinois Casinos Will Reopen Wednesday
- The Illinois Gaming Board (IGB) announced the July 1 resumption of casino and video gaming last week.
- PlayIA, 6.30.20 – Deadline Approaching For Nebraska Group’s Casino Ballot Petition
- One group advocating for legal gambling expansion in Nebraska faces a bigger challenge than in-state opposition to Nebraska casinos. The calendar isn’t friendly right now either.
- Sports Handle, 6.30.20 – Oklahoma Tribal Pacts Including Sports Betting Become Effective, But Battle Is On
- On Monday, controversial new tribal compacts executed by Republican Gov. Kevin Stitt and a pair of federally-recognized tribes became effective immediately after they were recorded in the Federal Register.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.1.20 – LSR Q+A: How Circa Sports Owner Will Attack Colorado Sports Betting Launch
- Circa Sports launches its Colorado sports betting app today, the first venture outside Nevada for the Las Vegas company.
- Colorado Springs Gazette, 7.1.20 – Circa Sports Betting App Debuts In Colorado
- Circa Sports will launch its sports betting mobile application Wednesday in partnership with Century Casinos, advertising that it will take bigger bets than many other online wagering providers.
- iGB North America, 7.1.20 – GiG Secures Colorado Sports Betting License For WSN.Com
- Gaming Innovation Group (GiG) has secured a new vendor minor sports betting license for its flagship affiliate website World Sports Network (WSN.com) in Colorado.
- SBC Americas, 7.1.20 – GiG Granted Colorado License For WSN.Com
- Gaming Innovation Group (GiG) has further broadened its footprint in the US after receiving a Vendor Minor sports betting license for its flagship affiliate site WSN.com from the Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission.
- PlayColorado, 6.30.20 – Is A Trend Developing In Colorado Sports Betting?
- The first month of sports betting brought a $25.5 million handle for Colorado.
- PlayNevada, 6.30.20 – Amid Pandemic, Nevada Gaming One Step Closer To Becoming Cashless
- Last week, the Nevada Gaming Commission (NGC) held a public hearing to discuss cashless gaming. The Silver State is now one step closer to launching digital payment technology for its casinos.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.30.20 – Washington Sports Betting Progress Detailed By Northern Quest Casino Exec
- The first steps to legalized sports betting in Washington have started, with four tribes in negotiations with the state to amend their compacts.
- Native News Online, 6.30.20 – Confederate Tribes Of Grand Ronde Select Sportsbook, Online Gaming Partner
- The Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde have selected Jersey City, N.J.-based Roar Digital LLC as its sports betting partner at the Spirit Mountain Casino in northwestern Oregon.