Industry News of the Day for July 1, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 7.1.21: Golden Nugget Partners Golf’s Rocket Mortgage Classic
- Golden Nugget has strengthened its reach in golf by becoming the official national casino partner of the Rocket Mortgage Classic PGA Tour championship.
- Sports Handle, 6.30.21: Listen: ‘Get A Grip’ Episode 11: ESPN’s David Purdum Joins For Buffet Of US Sports Betting Matters (DraftKings and FanDuel mentioned)
- For this week’s edition, Dan Back welcomes ESPN’s David Purdum to discuss a variety of topics.
- Sports Handle, 7.1.21: The 2021 Sports Betting Biz Half-Year Awards (DraftKings and FanDuel mentioned)
- This is a look back at the best, the worst, and the weirdest of what has thus far been a record-smashing sports betting year.
Overall Industry News:
- Action Network, 6.30.21: Sports Betting Legalization Mid-Year Report: 7 States Fall Short in 2021
- Nine states passed 2021 sports betting bills. Here are states that have concluded their respective 2021 lawmaking sessions and, barring a legislative miracle, will have to look to 2022 (or beyond) to legalize sports betting.
- Daily Jefferson County Union, 7.1.21: Evers, Oneida Sign Deal To Allow Sports Betting In Wisconsin
- Gov. Tony Evers and the Oneida Nation signed an agreement Thursday to allow betting on sporting events for the first time in Wisconsin, joining a growing number of states that have embraced sports wagering as a means of generating revenue.
- NJ Biz, 7.1.21: NJCU, NJEDA To Establish Sports Betting, Fintech Hub
- The New Jersey Economic Development Authority signed a memorandum of understanding with New Jersey City University June 30 to propel the state forward in the online sports betting technology and financial technology sectors.
- Saturday Down South, 7.1.21: Louisiana Online Sports Betting Plans Delayed
- Louisiana sports betting has been legal for more than a week after Gov. John Bel Edwards signed the program into law. Now, it just needs someone to chair it.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.30.21: Louisiana Sports Betting Likely Delayed By Lack Of Regulator
- The original goal of launching Louisiana sports betting during the 2021 football season is in jeopardy.
- Argus Leader, 6.30.21: From Sports Gambling To Booze Licenses, Here’s A Look At Some Of South Dakota’s New Laws
- More than 200 bills were passed by South Dakota lawmakers this winter, most of which take effect as law Thursday.
- IGB, 7.1.21: Maine Moves Closer To Mobile Sports Betting
- A bill to legalize mobile sports betting in Maine has been enacted by the state’s House chamber, clearing a regulatory hurdle before being passed to the US state’s Senate and then the Governor for final approval.
- US Bets, 6.30.21: Nevada Sports Betting Handle Ticks Higher To $477.6M For May
- The Nevada Gaming Control Board reported a sports betting handle of nearly $477.6 million for the month of May on Wednesday, a slight month-over-month increase from April as more people returned to the Silver State for wagering purposes.
- Play IL, 6.30.21: In-State College Betting Bill Still Alive, But In Limbo Until October Veto Session
- Even Rep. Michael Zalewski thought in-state college wagering was coming to Illinois by college football season.