Industry News of the Day for July 14, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News
- iGamingNews, 7.14.22 – PointsBet To Live Stream Premium Events from Top Sports Properties Via IMG ARENA Partnership
- PointsBet, the leading sportsbook for live betting, today announced it will now offer bettors on-demand streaming access to more than 40,000 premium games and matches through a two-year streaming partnership with IMG ARENA, a sports data and technology hub serving the sports, sports betting, and sports media eco-systems
- Sports Handle, 7.13.22 – FanDuel Rides Parlay Wagering To Another Huge Month In Illinois
- FanDuel‘s parlay offerings continue to be a big draw in Illinois and a big source of cash for the mobile sports wagering titan, as it topped $30 million in adjusted revenue for May, according to figures released Wednesday by the Illinois Gaming Board.
- Sports Handle, 7.13.22 – FanDuel’s Howe Thinks Consolidation Is Part Of Sports Betting’s Future
- News that inflation rose by 9.1% — the largest increase in 40 years — drew obvious concern from FanDuel CEO Amy Howe, who shared her thoughts about the economy and sports betting during a half-hour interview with CNBC’s Contessa Brewer at the SBC Summit North America on Wednesday afternoon.
- Play USA, 7.13.22 – Could MGM Make Second Big Offer For Online Gambling Operator Entain?
- A little over a year after its first attempt to acquire British bookmaker Entain, operator MGM Resorts International ($MGM), a staple in the US online casino industry, might be ready to try again.
- Sports Handle, 7.14.22 – No Minor Threat: States Fail To Mandate Gambling Education For Kids
- We don’t want them to gamble at all, but we say,`If you’re going to gamble, gamble wisely,’” Amanda Winters, problem gambling administrator for the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, told the news service Stateline in its report this week. “And know when to stop.”
- Play CA, 7.13.22 – Silicon Valley Inspires The Future Of Online Gambling
- Online gambling continues to grow at an alarming rate. There’s no question Silicon Valley has influenced that growth. Now, online gambling looks to Silicon Valley for future inspiration.
- US Bets, 7.13.22 – So You Want To Build An Online Casino?
- The term “iGaming” covers both online casino gaming and online sports wagering, each of which are spreading legally across the U.S. on a state-by-state basis. The pace of iCasino to market, however, has been and will undoubtedly continue to be slower than sports betting. Only six states currently offer legal online casino.
Sports League News
- Play CA, 7.13.22 – Sacramento Kings Team Up With Red Hawk Casino
- Red Hawk Casino is now the official casino partner of the Sacramento Kings. And the NBA team and casino in Placerville are not the only ones benefiting from the deal. Fans could cash in on the Sacramento Kings-Red Hawk Casino partnership.
- Sports Report, 7.14.22 – DraftKings CEO Robins, Others Remain Tight-Lipped On California Sports Betting Initiatives
- The vigorous push to legalize sports betting in California has left key stakeholders tight-lipped as commercial and tribal operators approach the next chapter of a contentious battle to enter a market that would become the largest in the nation. [Jason Robbins, CEO of DraftKings]
- Legal Sports Report, 7.13.22 – California Democrats Oppose Online Sports Betting But Does It Matter?
- The California Democratic Party will oppose online sports betting in the state. The Party’s Resolutions Committee met Sunday to review the eight propositions expected to be on the statewide ballot in November.
- Play Illinois, 7.13.22 – Illinois Gamblers Bet Over $750 Million On Sports During May
- Illinois sports bettors wagered over $764 million during May. That handle was a 9% decrease from April’s $839 million haul.
- Play USA, 7.13.22 – New Maine Gambling Rules Moving At Snail’s Pace
- Now that the dust has settled, state regulators in Maine can proceed with crafting rules and regulations to govern sports betting. However, the expansion of gambling in the Pine Tree State might be slow moving.
- Sports Handle, 7.13.22 – Mobile Sports Wagering Launch In Maryland Inches Closer
- Maryland’s Sports Wagering Application Review Commission took a step toward launching legal mobile sports betting Wednesday morning, approving proposed mobile sports wagering regulations and applications.
- Play Michigan, 7.14.22 – Michigan Gaming Revenue Helping Fund Mascot Changes, Other Community Efforts
- The Native American Heritage Fund board recently announced it was awarding nearly $480,000 in grants for six community projects in the state. A pool of 11 applicants were considered before the winners were revealed at the board’s June 17 meeting. Grant funds will help support schools and programs making positive changes that honor Native American history and culture.
- Play USA, 7.12.22 – New Jersey Summit To Explore Connection Between eSports And Casino Industry
- Bridging the gap between the eSports player and the traditional casino industry will be the focus of the CEC/EIC Northeast Summit in Atlantic City on October 18-19.