iDEA Growth Member News
- Sports Handle, 7.15.22 – PointsBet Canada Partners With Bottcher Curling Team
- PointsBet Canada on Friday announced that it will partner with Canada‘s Bottcher curling team, further extending its presence in the country. The team of Ben Hebert, Marc Kennedy, Brett Gallant, and Brendan Bottcher brings together former national and Olympic champions ahead of the start of qualifying for the 2026 Milan and Cortina d’Ampezzo Games.
- Play Michigan, 7.15.22 – BetMGM Summer Classic Latest Tournament Option For Michigan Online Poker Players
- As the World Series of Poker winds down in Vegas, Michigan online poker players can now shift their attention to the latest series: the BetMGM Poker Summer Classic. The series begins Sunday, July 17, and runs through Sunday, July 24.
- Play Colorado, 7.14.22 – Bet365 Sportsbook’s Colorado Launch Likely Coming Sept. 1
- Bet365 still is coming to Colorado. It’s just that one of the planet’s largest sportsbooks will launch a little later than originally expected. That’s according to its partner, Colorado Springs-based Century Casinos.
- Play USA, 7.14.22 – FanDuel Taps Ad Firm Mischief @ No Fixed Address To Market Its Online Casino
- Mischief is an up-and-coming advertising agency that FanDuel Casino has contracted with to market its online casino games in the country. The move puts FanDuel in the same company as some of the most recognizable brands in the US.
- Play USA, 7.15.22 – AGA Says US Online Casino, Online Poker Revenue Improved Year-Over-Year
- Despite being illegal in most of the country and limited in states where it is permissible, US online gambling continues to grow. The latest US online casino revenue figures from the American Gaming Association are another signal indicating that growth.
Sports League News
- iGB, 7.15.22 – MGM Resorts and BetMGM extend sponsorship deal with MLB
- MGM Resorts International and BetMGM, the operator’s joint venture with Entain, have extended a partnership with Major League Baseball (MLB). Under the multi-year agreement, which extends a relationship that began in 2018, BetMGM will remain an official sports betting partner of the MLB, marketing its brand and gaming options in the US across a range of league and team platforms including MLB Network, MLB.com and official MLB apps.
- MI Bets, 7.14.22 – Sports Betting And Casino Payments To Michigan Schools Top $2.5 Billion
- Cue Mike Myers as Dr. Evil putting his finger to his lip as he murmurs, “$2.5 billion dollars.” In this case, however, it’s the Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB) shouting at that number, as it marks the total amount in taxes the agency has doled out to Michigan’s School Aid Fund in the last 25 years. All that money — collected from the trio of Detroit casinos, internet gaming, sports betting, and fantasy contests — has gone to the fund that helps support K-12 education in the state.
- SBC Americas, 15.22 – New York garners over $300m in sports betting tax revenues since launch
- The state of New York has revealed it has taken $302.3m in mobile sports betting taxes in under six months since the launch of its market on January 8.
- Play Pennsylvania, 7.14.22 – How To Sign Up For PA Gambling Self Exclusion And More Frequently Asked Questions
- Self-exclusion from gambling can be a confusing topic, and a casino self-ban is not easily undone. For those reasons, it’s important to know exactly what you are signing up for. Here, we lay out the facts and clear up some common misconceptions to help you avoid pitfalls that others have faced, with the help of our friends at the PGCB. Let’s start by explaining what self-exclusion is and then get into exactly what it involves for individuals who sign up.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.14.22 – Councilmembers Unconvinced GambetDC Can Lead DC Sports Betting
- Yet another meeting about GambetDC seemingly left councilmembers unconvinced the DC sports betting market is performing as strongly as possible. Sports betting in DC operates under a system that gives the DC Lottery the only District-wide sports betting app, which is powered by Intralot after it won a no-bid five-year contract giving it a 42.5% cut of sports betting revenue. But that GambetDC app routinely has missed financial goals since it launched in May 2020, leaving District leaders wondering if it is the right format.