- Legal Sports Report, 7.15.19 – The Week In Sports Betting: Everyone Welcome Our New Friend, New Hampshire
- Another week of news begins with another state taking a significant step toward legal sports betting. We turn our attention to the Northeast this week, where a craving has spread through the region like a brush fire. Rhode Island was the first New England state to legalize sports betting in 2018, and it finally has some competition on the block.
- Play NJ, 7.15.19 – Atlantic City Casinos Post Strong Numbers In June, And Online Casino Spikes 67.8%
- The addition of two new casinos in Atlantic City last summer means that for the industry to thrive, it needs to “grow the pie” significantly larger in terms of revenue.
- Play NJ, 7.15.19 – How FanDuel Found Its Way To The Top Of The NJ Sports Betting Mountain
- The latest numbers from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement continue the same story: FanDuel is once again No. 1 by a wide margin.
- Online Poker Report, 7.15.19 – Live Updates: PA Online Casino Launch Questions & Answers
- Finally, Pennsylvania online casinos are a real thing. It’s been more than a year and a half since Pennsylvania initially legalized online gambling. On Monday, legal PA online casino games became a reality.
- Dallas Morning News, 7.14.19 – As Legalized Gambling Gains Momentum Nationwide, Could Jerry Jones Lead The Charge In Texas?
- Everything is bigger in Texas. Except for sports betting, which remains nonexistent. Kevin Sherrington of the Dallas Morning News takes a look at the status of efforts to legalize sports wagering in Texas.
- AP News, 7.16.19 – Sports Betting To Start In Upstate New York
- Sports betting is getting under way in upstate New York. Rivers Casino and Resort in Schenectady plans to cut the ribbon on its betting lounge Tuesday morning.
- New York Post, 7.15.19 – Sports Betting A Go At New York Casinos
- Sports betting in New York is expected to begin on Tuesday, with the first of four upstate casinos set to win official approval from the State Gaming Commission.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.15.19 – North Carolina Sports Betting Almost A Reality As Bill Passes Legislature
- North Carolina is now extremely close to having legal sports betting after the legislature passed a bill on Monday.
- The News & Observer, 7.15.19 – Lawmakers Pass Bill To Legalize Sports Betting At NC Tribal Casinos
- The N.C. House passed Senate Bill 154 Monday, joining the Senate in approving sports betting and horse wagering in the state. Gov. Roy Cooper’s signature is all that’s needed to make sports betting legal at western N.C.’s tribal casinos.
- Baltimore Post-Examiner, 7.15.19 – Sports Betting Analysts Got It Right Regarding US Online Sports Bettors
- If Maryland’s legislative representatives need any motivation to start moving towards the legalization of sports betting for its resident, the recent annual survey offered by the American Gaming Association (AGA) is shining a very bright light on the success of sports gambling in the US.
Overall Industry News:
- AP News, 7.15.19 – Sankey Talks Link Between Sports Gambling, Mental Health
- Southeastern Conference Commissioner Greg Sankey considers the mental health of athletes an important issue to be considered when it comes to legalized betting on college sports.