iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 7.16.21: Sportradar: time to zoom out and take a wide-angle view of CPA
- CPA (cost per acquisition) has been one of the industry’s favorite marketing metrics for a long time, with every sportsbook able to recite its target CPA and identify its best performing channel for CPA.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.16.21: Mohegan Digital CEO Explains Switch To FanDuel For CT Sports Betting
- Up until about two weeks ago, there was no guarantee one of the biggest US sportsbooks would be in the CT sports betting market.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.16.21: LSR Q&A: PointsBet Canada Chief Nic Sulsky On ‘Grey’ Sports Betting Market
- Many sportsbook operators are eager to enter the Canada sports betting market, but few positioned themselves as quickly as PointsBet.
- Sports Handle, 7.15.21: DraftKings First To Get DFS Approval In Louisiana, Ready To Go Live Imminently
- The Louisiana Gaming Control Board on Thursday morning approved DraftKings for a daily fantasy operator license, making it the first DFS company to get the go-ahead to operate in the state.
- SBC, 7.16.21: SportsHandle: That was the week that was in US sports betting
- When the Senate of Canada approved a bill on single-event sports betting last month in a historic 11th hour vote, the Canadian Parliament laid the groundwork for the rollout of wagering on single-game athletic events north of the border.
- IGB, 7.14.21: Pennsylvania GCB names Denise Smyler as new chair
- Denise Smyler has been named chair of Pennsylvania’s gaming regulator following the retirement of David Barasch.
- Sports Handle, 7.16.21: New York Assemblyman Pretlow Warns Of Pitfalls With Cuomo’s Mobile Betting Model
- As the sportsbook industry continues to digest a mammoth 130-page Request For Applications that will determine the landscape of mobile sports betting in New York, Assemblyman J. Gary Pretlow is warning the industry of a potential pitfall associated with the limited operator model.
- Sports Handle, 7.16.21: South Dakota Approves Sports Betting Regs; Wyoming Application Process Open
- South Dakota and Wyoming regulators took significant steps toward their projected go-live sports betting dates this week, when the South Dakota Commission on Gaming amended and passed final sports betting regulations and the Wyoming Gaming Commission opened its sports betting operator and vendor application processes.
- Action Network, 7.15.21: Maryland Sports Betting Continues Toward Fall Launch
- Maryland sports betting remains on track for a fall 2021 launch after regulators advanced several hundred pages of key sportsbook regulations without opposition Thursday.
- Sports Handle, 7.16.21: Maryland Regulator Approves Draft Sports Betting Rules That Raise Some Questions
- The Maryland Lottery and Gaming Commission on Thursday unanimously approved its draft sports betting rules — rules that could raise some eyebrows among operators.
- Columbia Basin Herald, 7.16.21: Louisiana’s first fantasy sports betting license approved
- Louisiana gambling regulators Thursday backed the state’s first license for fantasy sports betting, paving the way for DraftKings to launch its operations in the 47 parishes where voters authorized the gaming activity nearly three years ago.
- Play TN, 7.15.21: Telehealth Gambling Addiction Treatments Studied In Chattanooga
- Kindbridge, a virtual telehealth clinic based in Chattanooga, Tennessee, is partnering with Rutgers University in New Jersey to study the effectiveness of telehealth treatment on gambling addiction.
- Play IL, 7.15.21: How Much Potential Revenue Could Illinois Have Made On Online Casino? The Senate Report Is In
- The Illinois State Senate has finished its Internet Gaming in Illinois report, detailing how much money could have been generated had online casino been legal prior to the pandemic.