- Online Poker Report, 7.16.19 – PA Casinos Lose First Battle Vs. Lottery In Court Case Over Online Gambling
- On July 12, Pennsylvania iLottery internet based games breathed a collective sigh of relief. Meanwhile, state casino operators are left licking their wounds after their preliminary injunction request was denied by Commonwealth Court Judge Renee Cohn Jubelirer.
- Play Pennsylvania, 7.16.19 – Judge Denies PA Casino Injunction To Shut Down Online Lottery Games
- A coalition of seven casinos lost a bid late Friday to have a state court order the Pennsylvania Lottery to immediately stop offering certain iLottery games. The casinos were seeking an injunction to stop the games as part of an ongoing lawsuit against the state.
- Play WV, 7.17.19 – West Virginia Handle Held Hostage By The Delay Of Online Sports Betting 2.0
- Since the Mountain State lost its only online sports betting platform, BetLucky, in March, the sports betting market has not been the same.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.16.19 – The DC Sports Betting Contract Fiasco Is Nothing New For The District Council
- This past week, the Washington, D.C., Council voted to approve a sole-source, no-bid D.C. sports betting contract with Greek gaming company Intralot.
- KCGR, 7.16.19 – Eastern Iowa Casinos To Partner With Sports Betting Company
- As Iowa casinos are weeks from the start of football season, more and more casinos are announcing partnerships with sports books now that gambling on sporting events is legal in Iowa. William Hill US will operate the new sports books at the Isle Casinos in both Waterloo and Bettendorf.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.16.19 – Without Mobile, NY Sports Betting Finally Launches Upstate at Rivers
- Almost six years after first becoming legal, New York sports betting became reality Tuesday. Rivers Casino, in Schenectady, launched its sportsbook with a grand opening ceremony including athletes and politicians. Rivers Sportsbook becomes the first location for NY sports betting, though it likely will be joined by a number of others in the coming weeks.
- Sports Handle, 7.16.19 – North Carolina Legislature Approves Sports Betting At Two Tribal Casinos
- Legislators in the Tar Heel State on Monday passed a bill with no discussion that will legalize sports betting at two tribal casinos. No mobile or internet sports betting would be allowed.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 7.16.19 – New York Launches Sports Betting With Opening Of Rivers Schenectady Sportsbook [Kambi]
- Weeks after mobile sports wagering suffered a resounding defeat in the New York legislature, legalized sports betting launched Tuesday in the Empire State on a limited basis.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 7.17.19 – Opinion: The War Over Sports Betting Data: Lies, Half-Truths and Statistics: Part I
- Over the past several months, Sports Handle has reported extensively about sports betting data and the battle over that data occurring across the U.S. between professional sports leagues, sportsbooks, state legislatures and other stakeholders. This piece is opinion.
- Washington Examiner, 7.17.19 – Opinion: It’s A Sure Bet: States Will Keep Legalizing Sports Gambling
- More than $9 billion has been wagered on sports in legal markets in the year since the federal ban was struck down. This legal activity has generated more than $65 million so far in tax revenue at the state and local level.