- Legal Sports Report, 7.18.19 – 40 Percent Of PA Sports Betting Took Place Online In First Full Month After Launch
- What a difference having online sports betting makes. The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board reported that more than 40% of money wagered in the state in June came via sportsbook apps and websites.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.17.19 – An Apple Today Might Keep PA Sports Betting Competitors Away For SugarHouse Sportsbook
- SugarHouse Sportsbook might have a solution that solves the persistent Apple problem in PA sports betting. According to an article at PlayPennsylvania.com, SugarHouse paired with GeoComply, a leading geolocation technology company, to offer a workaround for iPhone and iPad users.
- Play USA, 7.17.19 – SugarHouse Is Third To Open In The Pennsylvania Online Casino Race
- Three days in, and already Hollywood and Parx casinos have online competition entering the fold. The state of Pennsylvania saw its third online casino hit the market Wednesday, courtesy of SugarHouse Casino.
- Sports Handle, 7.18.19 – Mass Lawmaker On Legal Sports Betting: ‘Why Is This Taking So Long?’
- At the start of the legislative season in January, Massachusetts lawmakers filed more than a dozen bills related to sports betting and it looked like a decent bet that it would be among the first to legalize sports betting in 2019. But with the start of the NFL season on the horizon, two New England states have legalized or have operational sports betting, and the Bay State isn’t one of them.
- NJ Online Gambling, 7.17.19 – Meadowlands Track Operator Expects NYC Casinos Soon – Just No Where You’d Think
- Former New York Governor David Paterson — just named as a vice president for Las Vegas billionaire Sheldon Adelson’s Sands Corp. casino business — pitched the idea of having New York State move up its timeline to allow for quicker approval for adding a casino in New York City.
- The Buffalo News, 7.18.19 – Future Of Sports Betting Lounges Remains Murky In WNY
- The Seneca Nation is making preparations to open three sports betting lounges at its casinos in Western New York. But a key question remains: When?
- Boston Globe, 7.18.19 – R.I. Has Turbulent First Year Of Legal Sports Betting
- The state of Rhode Island is pulling in far less money than originally projected in its first year of legalized sports betting – and gamblers have won bets at a higher rate than in many other states, according to industry data.
- Delaware Online, 7.18.19 – Why Delaware Doesn’t Have Mobile Sports Betting And Won’t For A While [subscription paywall]
- Later this month, FanDuel is expected to become the fourth online sports betting operator in Pennsylvania.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 7.18.19 – What Gaming In Holland Can Teach The US Sports Betting Market
- Like the United States, Holland is undergoing an exciting time in the realm of gaming. The Dutch Senate passed a remote gaming bill in February. This bill could bring regulated gaming to Holland before the end of next year.