Industry News of the Day for July 18, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News
- WIBW 13, 7.18.22 – PointsBet and the National Council on Problem Gambling Launch Responsible Gambling Research Initiative
- PointsBet, the leading sportsbook for live betting, and the National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG) today announced the launch of a research initiative centered around responsible gambling decision making for online gambling operators. [Johnny Aitken, PointsBet USA CEO]
- SBC Americas, 7.18.22 – Evolution expands US live casino studio presence into Connecticut
- Evolution has expanded its presence across the regulated US igaming market, launching a new live casino studio in the state of Connecticut. The new Connecticut studio is Evolution’s fourth US studio. It provides a “state-of-the-art” live casino solution for operators in the state to offer online players “world-class” live casino gaming. [Jeff Millar, Commercial Director of North America at Evolution]
- Bonus.com, 7.15.22 – FanDuel Casino Push Planned in 2022, With a Bit of ‘Mischief’
- FanDuel Casino is already a top US online casino operator, but now’s the time to push for more. More market share, more bettors, and more brand awareness, FanDuel leaders say. To that end, the operator with the No. 1 online sportsbook market share in the country hired an ad agency that will launch a campaign “later this year” with those goals in mind. [Kevin Hennessy, FanDuel Publicity Director]
- SBC Americas, 7.14.22 – GeoComply links with Accertify to solve ‘$130bn’ fraud chargeback issue
- Geolocation security firm GeoComply has partnered with Accertify to launch an all-in-one solution to combat issues of chargeback fraud in the gaming sector.
- US Bets, 7.18.22 – The Consequences Of Perception: What If Sports Bettors Don’t Consider Themselves Gamblers?
- The large, high-ceilinged room on the second level of the Anaheim Convention Center was packed, with tribal casino representatives, gambling industry executives, press, and vendors filling most of the available seats.
- Sports Handle, 7.18.22 – Congressional Bill Would Give Maine’s Tribes More Rights
- Over the first several months of 2022, Maine Gov. Janet Mills pushed through a bill that, in part, gave the rights to digital sports betting to the state’s four tribes. The bill caught commercial operators by surprise and was something of a political football — Maine’s tribes do not enjoy the kind of total sovereignty that federally recognized tribes in most states do, and Mills doesn’t want to grant it, so she offered up this olive branch.
- MI Bets, 7.18.22 – Michigan Can Serve As A Gambling Blueprint For Tribes, Government
- California and Florida — combined home to nearly 20% of the American population — are stuck in a dance of death when it comes to online sports betting and online casinos. Why? Because of ongoing battles among state governments, tribal governments, and Big Gaming.
- Play NJ, 7.16.22 – Takeaways From NJ Online Casino Revenue Hitting Over $133 Million In June
- New Jersey online casinos had a decent showing in June, as they totaled just over $133 million in monthly revenue. Despite earnings falling for the third straight month, online NJ gambling is just behind its record-setting performance from March.
- Play NY, 7.18.22 – If NY Online Casinos Are Legalized, Don’t Expect 24/7 Hours Right Away
- Online casino gaming could be coming to New York, but it may not be 24-7 — at least in the beginning. Sen. Joe Addabbo mentioned the possibility of the Empire State limiting daily NY online casino gaming hours during the SBC Summit North America on Wednesday.
- Play Ohio, 7.18.22 – Will Ohio Bettors Be Able To Use Crypto to Fund Accounts?
- Cryptocurrency continues to become more commonplace in our daily lives. Companies such as PayPal, Starbucks and Whole Foods are accepting it as payment for business transactions.
- Play Ohio, 7.16.22 – Flurry Of Ohio Sports Betting Applications Arrive Ahead Of Deadline
- As expected, the list of applicants for Ohio sports betting licenses swelled by more than two dozen on July 15, the final day for retail and online sportsbooks to apply in time to launch on Ohio’s universal start date of Jan. 1, 2023.
- TN Bets, 7.17.22 – Tennessee Online Sports Betting Handle Numbers For June 2022
- Legal TN online sports betting experienced its lowest handle numbers for the 2022 calendar year this June, with total bets coming in at about $215.77 million for the month and revenue declining to roughly $12.8 million.