iDEA Growth Member News:
- PlayMichigan, 7.1.20 – Kambi Partners With Four Winds Casinos To Power Sportsbooks
- One week after the first tribal casino sportsbook opened in Michigan, there’s movement from one of its neighbors.
- PlayMichigan, 7.1.20 – Golden Nugget Coming To Michigan With Focus On Online Casinos
- While online sports betting options are flooding the Michigan market with announcements almost weekly, there appears to be a market void in brands focusing on online casinos.
- PlayUSA, 7.1.20 – PlayUSA Rewind: Michigan Hits Fast Forward On Online Sports Betting
- Another week filled with gambling-related news, including another state that is ready to speed up its timeline for online sports betting.
- ESPN, 7.1.20 – New Jersey, Colorado Approves Betting On Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Bettors in New Jersey and Colorado will have a little more to relish when it comes to the Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest this year.
- Gambling Compliance, 7.2.20 – US Bettors Staking More As Niche Sports Fill Pandemic Void (subscription paywall)
- Data from the Oregon Lottery’s Scoreboard online sportsbook indicates that the rise of niche sports including table tennis and MMA since mid-March has been accompanies by growth in average U.S. bet size and an increasing prominence of in-play betting.
Overall Industry News:
- Gambling Compliance, 7.2.20 – Fear And Loathing Coronavirus, U.S. Casinos Continue Reopening (subscription paywall)
- More than three months of lockdown have convinced the casino industry to learn how to live with coronavirus instead of hoping the pandemic will simply go away.
Sports League News:
- ESPN, 7.2.20 – Tigers First MLB Team To Partner With Bookmaker
- The Detroit Tigers on Thursday announced a multi-year deal with sportsbook PointsBet, the first such partnership between a franchise and a bookmaker in Major League Baseball history.
- US Bets, 7.1.20 – Will We Have Major US Team Sports To Bet In 2020?
- Here’s a breakdown of where each league stands on July 1 and what factors are working for and against hopes of games being played.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.2.20 – German Sports Betting Giant Tipico To Launch In NJ With Proprietary Platform, Odds
- One of the world’s largest but most private sportsbooks is setting up shop in the NJ sports betting market.
- PlayPennsylvania, 7.1.20 – PA Horse Racing Commission Looks To Regroup: Tracks Reopen, But Coffers Down
- Horse racing in Pennsylvania is back – mostly – members of the Pennsylvania Horse Racing Commission heard during a brief audio meeting Tuesday afternoon.
- PlayWV, 7.1.20 – Fingers Crossed: West Virginia Online Casinos Could Launch This Month
- After months of what seems like zero progress, it appears as though gamblers in the Mountain State may be able to enjoy the pull of a virtual slot machine by the end of the month.
- Online Poker Report, 7.1.20 – Michigan Online Gambling Framework Almost Complete For Possible 2020 Launch
- The pieces are coming together for the pending launch of online gambling in Michigan.
- PlayMichigan, 7.1.20 – Licensing Process For MI Online Casinos And Sportsbooks Underway
- The Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB) announced its accepting license applications from the state’s commercial casinos and tribes to become internet gaming and internet sports betting operators.
- iGB North America, 7.2.20 – Michigan Opens Sports Betting And iGaming Licensing Process
- The Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB) has opened the application process for online sports betting and igaming licences in the state.
- PlayIndiana, 7.1.20 – TheScore Inks MLB Deal Before Its Sports Betting App Launches In Indiana
- TheScore has inked a deal to become an authorized gaming operator of Major League Baseball.
- TN Bets, 7.1.20 – Tennessee Lottery ‘Merging’ Two Apps And Launching New VIP Website
- On Thursday, the Tennessee Education Lottery will unveil some changes to its smartphone presence.
- PlayColorado, 7.1.20 – Circa Sports Launches Mobile Sports Betting App In Colorado
- Circa Sports officially entered the Colorado market July 1.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.1.20 – Oklahoma Court Case That Could Overturn Sports Betting Kicks Off
- Spoiler alert: both sides of the Oklahoma Supreme Court case that could decide the legality of sports betting think they’re right.
- Gambling Compliance, 7.2.20 – Oklahoma Supreme Court Asked To Invalidate Governor’s Gaming Compacts (subscription paywall)
- Governor Kevin Stitt’s controversial new gaming compacts with two tribes officially took effect this week, but whether he has the authority to approve compacts that may violate state law was the subject of a hearing on Wednesday before the Oklahoma Supreme Court.
- Forbes, 7.1.20 – California Sports Betting Delayed Once Again: Legislators Now Eye 2022 Ballot
- California once again finds itself in a legal stalemate, as legislation meant to support a regulated sports betting market was removed from Tuesday’s scheduled vote by it’s own creator.
- Sports Handle, 7.1.20 – California Tribal Sports Betting Day In Court Set For Tomorrow
- Legal sports betting might be kaput in the California state legislature, but in Indian Country, the push for a referendum continues to move forward.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.1.20 – California Sports Betting Could Make 2022 Ballot As Tribes Get Extension
- California Indian tribes have been granted an extension to gather signatures for a sports betting ballot initiative.