Industry News of the Day for July 2, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- MI Bets, 6.30.21: Golden Nugget, Detroit City Football Club Partner In Marketing Deal
- The Golden Nugget online casino and sportsbook in Michigan will look to gain increased exposure through a partnership with the Detroit City Football Club (DCFC).
- IGB, 7.2.21: DraftKings renews sponsorship of Major League Eating hot dog event
- DraftKings will continue as a sponsor of Major League Eating’s (MLE) 2021 edition of the Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest.
- IGB, 7.1.21: Kambi and Mohegan amend betting deal ahead of Connecticut regulation
- Kambi Group Plc (Kambi) and Mohegan Gaming and Entertainment (MGE) have agreed to amended terms in their respective sports betting services to coincide with Connecticut’s impending state regulation.
- Play TN, 7.1.21: FanDuel Tops The Podium In May As Tennessee’s Most-Popular Sportsbook
- The Tennessee Education Lottery released its sports gaming report for the month of May, revealing that bettors wagered $160.9 million during the 31-day timespan.
- Sports Handle, 7.1.21: DraftKings And FanDuel Get Go-Ahead To Continue With DFS In Connecticut
- Under Connecticut’s new sports betting law, which went into effect today, daily fantasy operators were at risk of having to pull out of the state, but Sports Handle has learned that both DraftKings and FanDuel have secured partnerships that will allow them to continue to operate.
- Online Poker Report, 7.2.21: Will FanDuel Partner With Mohegan For More Than Fantasy Sports In Connecticut?
- As word spread on Thursday that daily fantasy sports operators in Connecticut will be able to continue serving players, speculation continued that FanDuel will partner with Mohegan Gaming and Entertainment (MGE) for more than just fantasy.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 7.1.21: For Online Gambling Social Media Ads, Facebook Might Be The Best Bet
- Online gambling operators care about social media network visibility, so the recent news that YouTube would enact restrictions on gambling ad placements couldn’t have gone without notice. That’s why Facebook could become even more important to the industry.
- Sports Handle, 7.1.21: Sources: New York Mobile Sports Betting RFA Delayed As Much As Two Weeks
- As the deadline approached Thursday evening for the New York Gaming Commission to release its closely watched Request for Applications on mobile sports betting, one industry source with knowledge of the situation told Sports Handle that the release of the RFA could be delayed by as much as two weeks.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.1.21: Maryland Sports Betting Commission Fills Out With Appointments
- Maryland sports betting is inching closer to the start as Gov. Larry Hogan filled out the state’s Sports Wagering Application Review Commission with two appointments Wednesday.
- Play VA, 7.1.21: How Virginia Became First US State To Reach $1 Billion In Sports Wagers
- The Virginia Lottery, which oversees legal sportsbooks in VA, on Thursday released its May sports betting report.
- Action Network, 7.1.21: Wisconsin Legalizes In-Person Sports Betting In Surprising Tribal Compact Deal
- Legal sports betting in Wisconsin could begin as early as this fall under a surprising deal struck between Gov. Tony Evers and the state’s Oneida Nation.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.2.21: Yet Again, Maine Sports Betting Bill On The Home Straight
- Bills must go through two votes in each chamber in Maine. On Wednesday, sports betting bill LD1352 was approved for the second time by the House.