iDEA Growth Member News:
- PlayPennsylvania, 7.21.20 – Ducks In A Row: Golden Nugget And BetMGM Ready To Dive Into PA Online Casino Market
- The ducks are getting lined up for the late entries into the Pennsylvania online casino competition through the last available slots in the hot Keystone State market.
- PlayUSA, 7.21.20 – PlayUSA Rewind: DraftKings Launches Standalone Online Casinos In Two States
- Even amid re-closures and reopenings throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we never seem to be light on gaming-related news.
- USA Today, 7.21.20 – Fall Without Football Would Require Sports Betting Industry To Get Creative
- The disruption of the sports calendar has affected all types of fans, particularly those who like to have some action on the games.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.22.20 – Top Sports Betting Takeaways From SBC Digital Summit North America
- The SBC Digital Summit North America is officially over. More than 100 speakers and 3,000 delegates came together online to talk about the biggest needs for the US gaming market, including casinos, iGaming and sports betting.
- Gambling Compliance, 7.22.20 – Legal U.S. Sports-Betting Market Cuts Into Illegal Offshore Revenue (subscription paywall)
- Money spent on illegal offshore betting operations declined 25 percent last year, illustrating the growth of legal and regulated wagering in the sports-betting market, according to a report by the American Gaming Association (AGA).
- PlayNJ, 7.22.20 – How Fixed Odds Betting Bridges The Gap Between Horse Racing And Sportsbooks
- Sportsbook operators, fueled by success stories in Australia, want to tap a dormant revenue stream from the lucrative US horse racing market.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.22.20 – Four Things Congress Could Do On US Sports Betting That Would Actually Be Useful
- Congress will hold a hearing on Wednesday entitled “Protecting The Integrity of College Athletics.” A part of that hearing will have to do with how sports betting in the US intersects with college sports and the NCAA.
- NJ Online Gambling, 7.21.20 – The Battle Of Cherry Hill Sports Betting: Surrender Terms Not Accepted
- Two years into its legal battle to open a sportsbook at the site of a former New Jersey racetrack in the Philadelphia suburb of Cherry Hill, the strip mall operator of that site recently surrendered. Nevertheless, this Battle for Cherry Hill may be far from over.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.21.20 – Are Votes There For Mobile NY Sports Betting? Depends Who’s Counting
- Legalizing mobile NY sports betting is a tale of two vote counts at the moment.
- WWLP, 7.21.20 – Sox Exec: Sports Betting Could Help State, Team
- The Major League Baseball season is set to resume on Thursday and the Red Sox open at home on Friday night in front of an empty grandstand. But even without fans, one team executive told Beacon Hill lawmakers that the return of professional sports presents an opportunity for both the team and the state that should be seized.
- iGB North America, 7.23.20 – Massachusetts Lottery Sees Revenue And Profit Fall In 2020
- The Massachusetts State Lottery has reported a year-on-year decline in revenue and net profit for the 2020 fiscal year, primarily due to the impact of the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic.
- SBC Americas, 7.22.20 – COVID Impact Sees Massachusetts Record 4.7% Lotto Decrease
- As reported by iGB, year-on-year decline in revenue and net profit for the 2020 fiscal year has been posted by the Massachusetts State Lottery, with COVID-19 being cited by the organisation as a main contributing factor.
- Sports Handle, 7.21.20 – Virginia Sports Bettors’ Bill Of Rights Is A Good Start, But Needs Muscle
- The U.S. sports betting market has seen a steady stream of firsts since May 2018 when the Supreme Court struck down the federal ban on full-fledged sports wagering outside Nevada.
- PlayIndiana, 7.21.20 – Indiana Casinos Perform Very Well Amid COVID-19 Restrictions
- Despite it being the first month back in the saddle, most of the Hoosier State’s casinos put up some strong numbers.
- TN Bets, 7.21.20 – Tennessee Lottery Reports Record Quarter Of Sales During Pandemic
- Despite a pandemic hitting the U.S. in March, the Tennessee Education Lottery saw record sales in the fiscal year ending June 30, the group announced last week.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.21.20 – Oklahoma Sports Betting Nixed By State Supreme Court
- Oklahoma sports betting is over before it even started. Gov. Kevin Stitt lost Tuesday in a case that questioned what he could offer in tribal compact negotiations.
- Gambling Compliance, 7.22.20 – Oklahoma Supreme Court Rules Controversial Tribal Gaming Compacts ‘Invalid’ (subscription paywall)
- The Oklahoma Supreme Court on Tuesday invalidated gaming compacts that Republican Governor Kevin Stitt signed with two tribes that would have allowed them to build new casinos, expand dice and table games at their casinos, as well as offer retail sports betting.
- iGB North America, 7.22.20 – Oklahoma Supreme Court Rejects Tribal Gaming Compacts
- The Oklahoma Supreme Court has voted to reject two tribal gaming compacts signed by Governor Kevin Stitt, ruling that both agreements are invalid under state law.