Industry News of the Day for July 22, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 7.22.21: Sportradar Announces Five-year Sports Betting Deal With Bally’s Interactive
- Sports betting firm Sportradar has announced a five-year partnership with Bally’s Interactive, a division of Bally’s Corporation that operates the omni-channel provider’s sports betting, igaming, free-to-play, and daily fantasy sports platforms.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.22.21: FanDuel Sportsbook Still Leads All VA Sportsbooks In Market Share
- FanDuel Sportsbook remains the favorite of the seven live online VA sportsbooks, but it no longer takes the majority of action.
- Sports Handle, 7.21.21: Exclusive: FanDuel Has Absolutely Dominated Virginia Sports Betting Market So Far
- Needing only five months after the launch of its first legal sportsbooks in the state, Virginia became the fastest state in the post-PASPA era to reach $1 billion in handle.
- Sports Handle, 7.21.21: Penn National, PointsBet Gain Arizona Sports Betting Market Access
- Two more national sports betting operators announced market-access deals in Arizona this week when Penn National Gaming on Wednesday morning announced a deal with Phoenix Raceway and PointsBet on Tuesday shared details of its partnership with the Yavapai-Apache Nation (Cliff Castle Casino Hotel).
- IGB, 7.22.21: New Hampshire Betting Revenue Bounces Back In June Despite Handle Decline
- The New Hampshire Lottery has reported a 25.8% month-on-month rise in sports betting revenue in June, despite the US state’s handle slipping to its lowest level since August last year.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.22.21: MA Sports Betting Bill Gets Committee OK Ahead Of House Debate
- The MA sports betting story is moving faster this week than it has since the beginning of the legislative session in January.
- Sports Handle, 7.21.21: Virginia Lottery Estimates $234.9M For June Sports Betting Handle
- The Virginia Lottery estimated a sports betting handle of nearly $235 million in June on Wednesday based on unaudited figures compiled.
- US Bets, 7.22.21: Could California Add Sports Betting Without A Ballot Referendum?
- The California State Constitution clearly forbids the establishment of commercial casinos without a laborious process that includes requiring approval of a ballot initiative by voters to amend the state’s guiding document.
- Play USA, 7.21.21: Playusa Rewind: New Missouri Sports Betting Bill Coming This Winter
- This week, Missouri sports betting will try and right the ship in 2022, sports betting in South Dakota eyes September start date, and a pair of sports franchises strike gambling deals.
- Sports Handle, 7.22.21: Missouri Legislator Plans To Pre-File Huge Sports Betting And Gaming Bill
- Legislators in Missouri have been batting around sports betting legislation for over three years now and have about as much to show for it as a standard 16-team, all-underdog, moneyline parlay.
- Chicago Sun Times, 7.21.21: Alderman Wants To Lift Ban On Sports Betting In Chicago
- The Cubs have forged a $100 million partnership with DraftKings that could pave the way for Wrigley Field to house the first stadium sportsbook in Major League Baseball. But, it can’t happen unless the City Council lifts the ban on sports betting in Chicago.
- WRAL, 7.21.21: With Bipartisan Support, It’s A Good Bet Sports Gambling Will Become Legal In NC
- Months after filing legislation to legalize and regulate sports betting across North Carolina, state leaders, including the governor, are quietly working to sway enough lawmakers to pass it.