iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 7.23.20 – DraftKings Could Be Next To Go Live For Illinois Sports Betting After Rebranding
- In the continuing saga of how traditionally online-only sports betting platforms will find their way into the Illinois market ahead of an 18-month delay, designed to give local operators a leg up, DraftKings announced on Thursday partner Casino Queen will rebrand as “DraftKings at Casino Queen.”
- Legal Sports Report, 7.23.20 – How DraftKings Will Skate Away From Illinois Sports Betting Penalty Box
- It looks like DraftKings Sportsbook found a way to avoid the penalty box in Illinois.
- Gambling Compliance, 7.24.20 – DraftKings Shows Hand On Illinois Brand Plans (subscription paywall)
- DraftKings will skirt branding restrictions in Illinois’ sports-wagering law by renaming the Casino Queen riverboat casino “DraftKings at Casino Queen,” the company announced Thursday.
- Online Poker Report, 7.23.20 – DraftKings Casino Sets West Virginia Online Gambling Off On The Right Foot
- West Virginia Lottery Director John Myers told WV MetroNews this week that gamblers wagered nearly $8 million through the first six days of interactive gaming.
- PlayWV, 7.23.20 – DraftKings Casino In West Virginia Makes A Royal Entry, Even Without Online Slots
- DraftKings Casino launched in WV on July 15, and from then until July 20, the returns were worthy of a royal reception.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.23.20 – DraftKings Sportsbook, Kambi Set To Split By Fall Of 2021; SBTech Will Be New Platform
- DraftKings will officially move to its own platform and likely end its relationship with Kambi by the end of Q3 in 2021, according to press releases from the companies.
- Gambling Compliance, 7.24.20 – Athletes’ Risk Of Problem Gambling An Integrity Concern, Warn Former Pros (subscription paywall)
- Two former athletes and reformed compulsive gamblers whose addictions almost drove them to suicide shared their stories with problem gambling advocates on Thursday, after announcing a first-of-its-kind partnership with GVC and the NFL Players Association.
- PlayNJ, 7.23.20 – NFL Players Association Takes First Step In Responsible Gambling Education
- EPIC Risk Management and GVC Foundation US partnered with the NFLPA Professional Athletes Foundation to create, market, and launch live and virtual educational programs for NFLPA members.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.23.20 – Report: Rush Street Interactive Looking At US Public Listing
- Rush Street Interactive could become the next US-facing sportsbook operator to list publicly, according to a published report.
- Online Poker Report, 7.23.20 – Rush Street To Wall Street? Interactive Division Reportedly In Talks To Go Public Via SPAC
- Large online gambling companies based in the US are scrambling to get themselves listed on the stock exchange.
- iGB North America, 7.23.20 – Senate Judiciary Committee Debates College Betting Legality
- The US Senate Committee on the judiciary heard evidence both for and against the continued legality of betting on college sports in a committee meeting titled “Protecting the Integrity of College Athletics.”
- US Bets, 7.23.20 – Senate Panel Time Machine: Legislative Hearing On College Sports Gambling Rife With Outdated Opinions
- Lawmakers on Capitol Hill aren’t exactly known for having their finger on the pulse of America’s zeitgeist.
Sports League News:
- iGB North America, 7.24.20 – Intralot Signs Gaming Partnership With Major League Baseball
- Intralot has agreed a new deal to become an authorised gaming partner of Major League Baseball (MLB).
- Yahoo! Sports, 7.23.20 – Juan Soto’s Last-Minute Positive Coronavirus Test Changes Odds, Signals A New Reality For Sports Bettors Too
- Thursday night’s game between the Washington Nationals and New York Yankees was going to be the first game among the four major professional American sports in more than four months.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.23.20 – Rhode To Redemption? Mobile RI Sports Betting Bill Signed
- Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo signed SB 2919 and HB 8097 Thursday to allow potential bettors to complete account registrations without going to a casino. The bills overwhelmingly passed in each chamber.
- PlayMichigan, 7.23.20 – Michigan Online Gambling Has A Set Of Rules And Regulations Now
- The Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB) published draft rules for internet gaming and internet sports betting on Monday morning, moving them forward in the regulatory process.
- iGB North America, 7.23.20 – William Hill Launches In Colorado With Caesars
- Sports betting operator William Hill has launched in Colorado with six kiosks at Caesars Entertainment’s Isle Casino Hotel and Lady Luck Casino in Black Hawk.
- Play Colorado, 7.23.20 – Australia’s PlayUp Ready To Rock The Boat In Colorado Debut
- PlayUp announced its intentions to get in the US earlier this month. We now know Colorado is the first state targeted for its expansion.
- iGB North America, 7.23.20 – PlayUp To Launch Online Sportsbook In Colorado
- Australian gambling operator PlayUp has secured approval to roll out its sports betting offering in the state of Colorado, in a launch that will mark its entrance into the US market.
- PlayNJ, 7.23.20 – NJ Gaming News: Caesars-Eldorado Merger Gets Green Light; MLB Swings Into Action
- Here are the latest headlines making New Jersey gambling news this week.
- Penn Bets, 7.23.20 – July Has Brought New Impediments To PA Casinos’ Ability To Get Back On Track
- The reopening of most Pennsylvania casinos in June brought a better revenue rebound than most would have expected, but that doesn’t guarantee they will continue doing as well in the COVID-19 era.