Industry News of the Day for July 26, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 7.26.21: Fanduel Group Appoints Streaming Veteran Brian Borkowski As SVP Marketing
- FanDuel Group has confirmed the appointment of Brian Borkowski as Senior Vice President, Marketing. Joining from Hulu, he is a streaming veteran with a track record of innovation when attracting subscribers to a platform.
- US Bets, 7.26.21: DraftKings Ends DFS Contests In Oregon, Citing Sports Betting ‘Discussions’ With State
- In case there were any doubts concerning the long-term profit potential of sports betting vs. daily fantasy sports (DFS), please put them to rest: Sports betting is king.
Overall Industry News:
- NBC Sports, 7.26.21: Legalized Sports Betting Creates New Frontier Of NFL News
- Friday’s decision by multiple sports books to remove certain Packers bets from the board based on rumors that quarterback Aaron Rodgers will retire sent shock waves through the media, and it underscored a new reality of the ever-growing industry of legalized wagering on football.
- Sports Handle, 7.26.21: What’s On Tap: NBA Draft, Tokyo Summer Olympics, And NFL Training Camp
- Each Monday, our “What’s on Tap” series previews the week ahead in the world of sports betting.
- Yahoo Finance, 7.23.21: Why Sports Gambling Won’t See A Boom During The Tokyo Games
- Darren Rovell, a Sports Business Reporter and Senior Executive Producer at The Action Network, previews what to expect from the sportsbooks during the Olympics.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.23.21: New Info Tough To Glean From New Mobile NY Sports Betting Answers
- It came down to the wire but a mobile NY sports betting deadline was eventually hit Thursday evening by the state’s regulators.
- Patriot Ledger, 7.25.21: Massachusetts State Representatives Approve Sports Betting
- The House has overwhelmingly approved a bill to legalize sports betting in Massachusetts, but even before the vote, the question of whether to allow wagers on college sports emerged as a major sticking point between the House and the Senate.
- SBC, 7.26.21: Massachusetts Edges Toward Legal Sports Betting, But College Sports Remains A Sticking Point
- Massachusetts continues to edge towards legalized sports betting following a vote last week in the state House that overwhelmingly passed Bill H3977.
- WNCT, 7.23.21: Support For North Carolina Sports-betting Bill Gaining Steam
- Whether you realize it or not, and whether it’s legal or not, people wager all the time on sports events–whether it’s a few bucks, or something larger.
- Forbes, 7.26.21: Arizona Begins Sports Betting Application Process In Race To Beat NFL Kickoff
- Less than 24-hours after the state’s Phoenix Suns were eliminated form this year’s NBA Finals, the Arizona Department of Gaming made public their final draft of proposed sports betting regulations.