Industry News of the Day for July 28, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 7.27.21: Fanduel Appoints Borkowski As New Senior Vice President Of Marketing
- FanDuel has announced the appointment of Brian Borkowski as its new senior vice president of marketing.
- IGB, 7.28.21: Draftkings And Boston Red Sox Enter Fantasy Sports Partnership
- The Boston Red Sox and DraftKings have entered into a deal that will see DraftKings become the exclusive Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) betting partner of the team.
- IGB, 7.28.21: Fanduel Launches Standalone Casino Product In NJ And Live Dealer In MI
- Gambling operator FanDuel Group has launched a standalone online casino product in New Jersey and expanded its offering in Michigan with the addition of live dealer games from Evolution.
- Play NJ, 7.27.21: FanDuel Standalone Online Casino App Now Available To New Jersey Gamblers
- A standalone FanDuel online casino product is now available on Android, iOS, and desktops in New Jersey.
- Online Poker Report, 7.28.21: Parx Online Casino And Paysafe Announce A Deal To Make Deposits And Withdrawals Easier For Players In Michigan, New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- Payment platform provider Paysafe announced today that Parx plans to use its technology in New Jersey and Pennsylvania next.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 7.27.21: Tipico Situation: Sportsbook Ramps US Ambitions With USA Today Deal
- Tipico announced Tuesday a wide-ranging content deal with USA Today, as the German sportsbook looks to ramp up its US footprint.
- Action Network, 7.27.21: Connecticut Sports Betting Launch Could Come After NFL Opener
- FanDuel and DraftKings may not be able to launch their statewide mobile sportsbooks in Connecticut until after the 2021 NFL season opener.
- TN Bets, 7.28.21: Tennessee Clears $1 Billion In 2021 Sports Betting Handle
- Tennessee became the ninth state with legalized sports betting to clear $1 billion in handle in the 2021 calendar year after the state’s Education and Lottery Corporation reported Tuesday that $174.5 million worth of wagers were accepted in June.
- Play TN, 7.28.21: New Sports Betting Apps To Get Approval In Tennessee Within Days
- The Sports Wagering Advisory Council met on Tuesday, July 27 to discuss the latest issues regarding Tennessee sports betting.
- NBC Washington, 7.27.21: DC Rolling Out 4 Sports Betting Kiosks at Bars, Restaurants
- Starting Friday, sports fans in D.C. will have four locations where they can bet on practically any sporting event in person.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.27.21: Colorado Sports Betting Revenue Up Despite Summer Handle Slowdown
- Early playoff exits for local teams might have hurt handle but Colorado sports betting saw revenue jump in June.