iDEA Growth Member News:
- TN Bets, 7.29.21: DraftKings Looks To Open Branded Bar In Nashville Under New Partnership
- DraftKings announced Thursday that it is looking to open a sports bar that will bear its branding in a yet-to-be-determined location in Nashville.
- TN Bets, 7.28.21: BetMGM Surges To Handle Lead In Tennessee In June, Followed By FanDuel
- The BetMGM online sportsbook led the way in handle in Tennessee during the month of June, according to figures from the Tennessee Education Lottery.
- MI Bets, 7.29.21: DraftKings Announces Plan To Open ‘Upscale’ Sports Bar In Detroit
- Already this year, DraftKings has announced a social network, shared plans to start an NFT marketplace, purchased VSiN, and become the distributor of The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.28.21: Does DraftKings DFS Deal With Boston Red Sox Set Up MA Sports Betting Partnership?
- It sounds like the Boston Red Sox are ready for a DraftKings Sportsbook at Fenway Park – if MA sports betting law allows it, of course.
- Portland Biz Journals, 7.28.21: Company Drops Fantasy Sports Betting In Oregon During Lottery Discussions (DraftKings mentioned, subscription paywall)
- A major player in sports betting has shut down its fantasy sports operations in Oregon.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 7.29.21: Opinion: How NCAA Concession On NIL Rules Could Affect US Sports Betting Industry
- The college sports world has undergone as much change in the last month as just about any period in recent memory, including new rules affecting name, image, and likeness (NIL.)
- Play PA, 7.29.21: Two Years After the Arrival of Sports Betting Apps in PA, What Operators Are Winning and What’s Next?
- Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course took the first legal sport bet in Pennsylvania in mid Oct. 2018. It wasn’t until late May 2019 that the first online sportsbook arrived.
- IGB, 7.28.21: Tennessee Betting Revenue Bounces Back In June
- The Tennessee Education Lottery (TEL), which is responsible for licensing and regulating online sports betting in the state, has reported that customers wagered a total of $174.5m in June, an increase of 8.4% month-on-month.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.28.21: Three More Tennessee Sportsbooks Will Be Approved This Week
- The Volunteer State is in the middle of a big transition, but that will not stop new Tennessee sportsbooks from launching.
- Action Network, 7.29.21: Wisconsin Sports Betting On Pace for Potential Early Fall Launch
- Wisconsin sports bettors may have at least one legal betting option for the Green Bay Packers’ season opener.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.29.21: Nevada Sports Betting Market Rises In Line With Increased Tourism
- Despite a slow sports betting calendar, Nevada sports betting saw gains in both handle and revenue for June.
- US Bets, 7.29.21: Baseball And Retail Fuel Surge As Nevada Posts $545.5M June Handle
- Baseball took center stage at Nevada sportsbooks and more people found their way to them in June, as the state’s Gaming Control Board on Thursday reported a sports betting handle of more than $545.5 million.
- IGB, 7.29.21: DC Bars To Launch Retail Sports Betting
- Businesses in Washington DC are set to open retail sports betting today (July 29), through a partnership with DC Lottery-powered sportsbook operator GambetDC.
- IGB, 7.28.21: Colorado Sports Betting Revenue Rises To $19.7m In June Despite Handle Drop
- Colorado reported a month-on-month rise in sports betting revenue in July despite the US state experiencing a decline in revenue during the month.
- SBC, 7.28.21: Slower Volume But Higher Revenue Helps Colorado Sportsbooks In June
- Sports betting volume fell for the second time in three months for Colorado’s sportsbooks during June, but a hike in revenue saw a spike in tax returns for the state.
- SBC, 7.29.21: Washington State Gambling Commission Approves Sports Betting Licensing Rules
- The Washington State Gambling Commission has unanimously voted to approve sports wagering licensing rules this week. They will become effective on August 30, 2021.
- Sports Handle, 7.29.21: Washington State Plans To Open Application Process ‘Next Week’
- Potential sports betting operators in Washington state got some long-awaited news Wednesday: They’ll be able to file applications starting sometime next week and the Washington State Gambling Commission said it is aiming to have sportsbooks go live in September.
- IGB, 7.29.21: Ontario Sports Betting Standards Restrict Marketing, But Not Product
- The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) has published draft sports betting regulations for the province, with restrictions on marketing similar to Ontario’s proposed online casino rules.