- Online Poker Report, 7.3.19 – New York Online Poker Out Of Reach For Lawmakers Yet Again In 2019
- After three years in which online poker legislation seemed close in New York, the legislature made no effort to push for online poker in 2019.
- NJ Online Gambling, 7.2.19 – Redacted Filings In NJ Sports Betting Case: Is It Time To Unseal Them?
- Back in 2012, several pro sports league commissioners and other top executives — as well as others from the NCAA — were deposed for testimony in the New Jersey sports betting saga that ended last year with the U.S. Supreme Court’s striking down of a federal law severely limiting legal sports wagering.
- Penn Bets, 7.2.19 – PA Casinos Await Judge’s Decision On iLottery Games
- Will at least one Pennsylvania-sanctioned online casino launch on July 15? State regulators announced that date in mid-April, and there’s been little indication since about whether it will hold true.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.3.19 – Governor Sticks Maine Sports Betting Bill In Neutral Using Quirky Rule
- Maine sports betting sits in purgatory after Gov. Janet Mills declined to sign a passed bill by Monday night’s deadline.
- Online Poker Report, 7.2.19 – Indiana Online Lottery On The Way? State Eyes Plan For 2020
- Looking to maximize more revenue from gambling, the Indiana lottery is set to consider if residents should be allowed to purchase tickets online.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.2.19 – Indiana Sports Betting Pushing For September 1 Retail Launch
- Operators and regulators in Indiana plan to launch retail sports betting on September 1, the first available day under the state’s new law.
- The Press Democrat, 7.2.19 – State Senator Bill Dodd Sponsors Bill That Could Lead To Sports Betting In State
- State Sen. Bill Dodd is betting that legal sports gambling can help build bridges and educate California’s youth.
- Play WV, 7.2.19 – Can USA Women’s World Cup Excitement Kick WV Sports Betting Into Gear?
- West Virginia sports betting had its slowest week since the first two weeks of legal sports gambling in the state. The overall handle in the Mountain State fell below $1.4 million for the first time since Sept. 2018.
Sports League News:
- Sports Handle, 7.2.19 – Report: ATP World Tour Nears Historic Betting Data Agreement With IMG
- IMG is nearing a multi-year agreement with the ATP World Tour for betting data and live wagering rights that may result in the largest media rights deal in the history of professional tennis.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.2.19 – Why MGM Resorts Would Sink Millions Into Sports Betting Technology From A Dead League
- The Alliance of American Football might be dead, but MGM Resorts doesn’t want to see its sports betting technology buried alongside it.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 7.2.19 – New Jersey Online Sportsbook PointsBet Finds Partner For Illinois Sports Betting
- Garden State-licensed online sportsbook PointsBet on Monday announced a 20-year partnership with a brick-and-mortar facility in Illinois ahead of the state’s launch of sports betting.