Industry News of the Day for July 7, 2020
- Legal Sports Report, 7.6.20 – The Week In Sports Betting News: Will 2022 Be Golden?
- Leagues continue to announce more and more news that suggests sports betting should be back in full swing by the end of the month.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.6.20 – Which Three States Are Next In Line For PointsBet?
- Australian-listed PointsBet started business as a largely unknown quantity in the US about seven months after New Jersey sports betting launched.
Overall Industry News:
- Gambling Compliance, 7.7.20 – Coronavirus Spikes Force California, Florida Casinos To Close Again (subscription paywall)
- Recent spikes in confirmed coronavirus cases in California and Florida have forced authorities to order a second closure of casinos and cardrooms in an effort to reduce the number of new infections.
- PlayNJ, 7.7.20 – Is New Jersey Online Gambling The Lifeline For Atlantic City And Its Future?
- Through May, New Jersey’s internet gaming revenue stands at $337.7 million. Here is a closer look at how the NJ online casino industry got to where it is today.
- PlayMichigan, 7.6.20 – Michigan Tribal Casinos Face COVID-19 Challenges After Reopening
- Though Detroit’s casinos still await permission to reopen, the weekend brought about a milestone for Michigan tribal casinos.
- Gambling Compliance, 7.7.20 – Rivers Slams Illinois Co-Branding Rule, Calls For Withdrawal (subscription paywall)
- An attorney representing Rivers Casino, operated by Rush Street Gaming, blasted a new regulation posted by the Illinois Gaming Board (IGB) that would allow co-branding for online sportsbooks, arguing that the legislature imposed strict restrictions and demonstrated its intent to do so.
- PlayIndiana, 7.6.20 – Fans Return To Horse Races As Indiana Slowly Reopens
- Indiana horse racing is almost back to full speed.
- PlayIA, 7.6.20 – Despite Pandemic, Iowa Lottery Surpasses Revenue Projections For Fiscal 2020
- It’s been an eventful 2020, thus far. However, the IA Lottery revenue numbers didn’t feel the hit that many other businesses did.
- Sports Handle, 7.6.20 – Not Quite Yet: Slow Going For Sports Betting In Puerto Rico
- It has been nearly a year since Puerto Rico lawmakers legalized sports betting, yet island leaders have made only limited progress toward allowing operators to go live.
- PlayColorado, 7.6.20 – 5 Reasons Why Everyone Wants A Slice Of The Colorado Sports Betting Pie
- A trend is already developing in Colorado’s burgeoning sports betting market, and it’s unlike sports betting launches in other states, so far. European companies are using Colorado’s new market to launch sportsbooks.
- SBC Americas, 7.6.20 – Oklahoma Tribal Gaming Compacts Continue To Generate Debate
- As reported by the Associated Press, new gaming compacts signed with two Oklahoma Indian tribes last week have been immediately challenged as to their legal status by Matthew Morgan, Chairman of the Oklahoma Indian Gaming Association.