iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 7.8.21: NFL legend Brees receives PointsBet equity in brand ambassador deal (Johnny Aitke quoted)
- PointsBet has announced the appointment of NFL great Drew Brees as global brand ambassador in a deal that will see him receive equity as a result.
- SBC, 7.8.21: Entain doubles investment in game studio capacity to accelerate product development (Jette Nygaard-Andersen and Colin Cole-Johnson quoted)
- Entain, one of the leading US sports betting and gaming entertainment operators, is doubling investment in its in-house games studios to accelerate and expand its ability to provide customers with new and exclusive products and experiences.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 7.9.21: SportsHandle: That was the week that was in US sports betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- US Bets, 7.8.21: It Adds Up: Mixed Bag For Sports Betting In May
- While numbers are cold, hard facts, arriving at a final set of them includes a fickle set of variables. That was the case for sports betting across the United States in May after reviewing said numbers for the 20 states and legal jurisdictions where wagers are currently being accepted.
- Play USA, 7.9.21: Four States That Missed Out On Legalizing Sports Betting In 2021
- Since the fall of the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) in 2018, many, many states have been trying to pass laws to govern legal, regulated sports betting. But much like gambling, each year there are winners and losers.
- Play IA, 7.8.21: Iowa Sees Another Small Decline In Total Sports Wagers, But Increase In Revenue
- It’s been a steady summer for sports betting so far. Numbers released by the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission on Thursday suggest the state collected $111,176,671 in wagering handle for the month of June.
- KOMO, 7.9.21: Washington State Moves Closer To Legal Sports Betting At Tribal Casinos
- The state has moved a step closer to seeing sports wagering at tribal casinos.
- The Southern Maryland Chronicle, 7.9.21: How Sports Betting Legalization Can Impact Maryland
- The historical announcement of sports betting legalization in the USA in 2018 open doors for a thriving industry.