- US Bets, 6.10.22 – 1-800-GAMBLER Is Going National
- In an effort to streamline access across various states, the National Council on Problem Gambling this week announced a new six-year agreement with the Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey to use the well-known 1-800-GAMBLER hotline in areas outside the Garden State.
- Play USA, 6.9.22 – US Commercial Gaming Revenue For April 2022 Nearly Matches March’s Record Total
- March of this year was a hard act to follow for US commercial gaming. Regardless, revenue for that industry in April of this year put forth a valiant effort, grossing the second-highest ever monthly total for non-tribal gambling in the United States. The sum came to just shy of $5 billion across all segments of the industry. That keeps 2022 on pace to shatter not only expectations but the performance of the business last year as well.
- US Bets, 6.9.22 – Sports Wagering Growth Fuels Record April Commercial Gaming Revenue
- The American Gaming Association reported overall commercial gaming revenue totaling just shy of $5 billion for the month of April on Thursday, a record for any April and the second-highest grossing month of all time, behind only March of this year.
Sports League News
- Sports Handle, 6.9.22 – How PGA Tour Suspensions May Impact The Future Of Golf Betting
- Soon after players teed off in the first LIV Golf event Thursday, PGA Tour Commissioner Jay Monahan shared a memo that ramped up the battle between LIV Golf and the PGA Tour. Monahan wrote that golfers who failed to receive proper event and media rights releases to compete in the controversial LIV Golf tournament would be suspended from the PGA Tour.
- Play Michigan, 6.9.22 – Evolution Adds Three New Live Dealer Games Including Lightning Roulette To Michigan Online Casinos
- The crop of live dealer games available for Michigan online casinos just got a little larger. Evolution released three new live dealer options on Thursday. Lightning Roulette, Three Card Poker and Ultimate Texas Hold’em are now available at BetMGM Michigan and TwinSpires Online Casino. Expect other Evolution partners to add the games in the future as well.
- NJ Gambling Sites, 6.9.22 – Strong Authentication is Coming to All NJ Sites in July – What does that mean?
- Online gambling in New Jersey is going to become safer than ever by the end of the month. At the same time, players will have a few more hoops to jump through. The NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE), which regulates all gambling in the state, issued new guidelines back in March. These aim at beefing up security across the board. Most relevant to players is the requirement that all gambling sites implement strong authentication.
- Play USA, 6.9.22 – How Significant Is New York’s Massive Sports Betting Tax Haul?
- New York sports betting tax revenue from online wagers dwarfs the same in other states. It doesn’t dwarf the state’s actual income and expenditures, though. If anything, New York’s overall fiscal status makes the tax haul on sports betting look minuscule. New York has already broken the record for sports wagering tax revenue in a year’s time, with most of 2022 yet to play out. It will need to grow exponentially over the final months to really make a dent in the state’s need for funding, though.
- Play NY, 6.9.22 – Another Billion-Dollar Month As NY Online Sportsbooks Combine For $1.3 Billion In May Handle
- Online sportsbooks in New York combined for nearly $1.3 billion in handle during May, according to monthly data provided by the New York State Gaming Commission. As a result, NY online sportsbooks combined for $110 million in gross gaming revenue during the month, which led to $56 million in tax revenue.
- Action Network, 6.9.22 – Ohio Sports Betting Market to be One of the Best in U.S., Sources Say
- When Ohio goes live with sports betting on New Year’s Day, it will become the fourth largest legal state and it will have one of the most consumer-friendly markets. The “largest simultaneous launch ever”, as Ohio Casino Control Commission Executive Director Matt Schuler is calling it, will open the door to as many as 46 mobile sportsbooks, kiosk betting at bars, grocery stores and more. Between partnerships with the Buckeye State’s many pro teams, a low tax rate and opportunities for small businesses, sports betting will be everywhere. [Brandt Iden, Sportrader] [John Pappas, iDEA Growth]