Industry News of the Day for June 12, 2019
iDEA Growth in the News:
- Legal US Poker Sites, 6.11.19 – US District Court Wire Act Decision Good for Online Poker (iDEA Growth founder J. Ifrah quoted)
- Last week, the United States Department of Justice lost an important case in the US District Court when Judge Paul Barbadoro ruled for the New Hampshire Lottery Commission and its online service provider, NeoPollard.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.11.19 – Sports Betting Legislative Lasso: NY Sports Betting Update; Where Else Could Still Legalize?
- Hello, ladies and gents, and welcome back to your regularly scheduled tour of the US sports betting landscape. It’s been too long since we last spun our lasso in the air, so we figured we’d toss out a surprise Tuesday edition for you. Considering what has transpired in recent weeks, an unusual maneuver like this only seems fitting.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.11.19 – The NY Online Sports Betting Bill Has A Chance? Senate Sponsor Confirms Vote Likely This Week
- New York Sen. Joseph Addabbo Jr. cleaned up his sports betting bill Tuesday to better define what sports facilities would be allowed to participate ahead of planned Senate passage of the legislation later this week.
- Play USA, 6.11.19 – Massachusetts Sports Betting: Are Stakeholders On The Same Page?
- The headlines out of Massachusetts suggest stakeholders are now on the same page when it comes to sports betting legislation. That’s welcome news for the Bay State and its myriad of sports betting proposals. The belief that the state’s three casino operators—MGM, Wynn, and Penn National–are on the same page as Boston-based DraftKings stems from a two-day hearing in front of the Massachusetts Economic Development and Emerging Technologies Committee, and a corresponding letter signed by all three Massachusetts’ casino operators.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 6.11.19 – If Carl Icahn Sells Caesars, Who Would Own The WSOP?
- Two weeks into 2019 World Series of Poker, the attention of the poker world is fixed firmly on the action at the tables. Rightly so, but players keeping an eye on financial markets may have noticed that Caesars Entertainment is up for sale.
- US Bets, 6.11.19 – Key Takeaways From The Commercial Casino Industry’s Annual ‘State Of The States’ Report
- The U.S. commercial casino industry is humming along, posting another strong calendar year. The American Gaming Association, based out of Washington, D.C., on Tuesday released its annual “State of the States” survey, the most comprehensive study of the industry you can find.