iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 6.11.20 – How DraftKings Could Become The Uber Of U.S. Sports Betting
- DraftKings has the structural advantages to become the Uber of the US sports betting market, according to one financial analyst.
- SBC Americas, 6.12.20 – Sports Handle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- PlayUSA, 6.11.20 – These Are The Trends That Could Dominate Post-Pandemic Gambling In The US
- The phased reopening of the US gambling industry has commenced. Here are three gaming trends to watch with avid curiosity for the next year or two.
- Gambling Compliance, 6.12.20 – Facing Grim Revenue Outlook, U.S. Indian Gaming Forays Into Sports Betting (subscription paywall)
- Early projections indicate Indian gaming revenue will decline by almost 35 percent this year after an almost three-month lockdown of tribal casinos during the coronavirus pandemic.
- WSN, 6.12.20 – Bill Krackomberger’s Expert Sports Betting
- Expert sports bettor Bill Krackomberger teams up with Daily Fantasy Sports expert Rosalie Michael for the new sports betting podcast Wise Kracks.
Sports League News:
- Bloomberg, 6.11.20 – Pro Golf Is Back And Gamblers Are Betting On No-Touch High Fives
- After three months of shutdown, the PGA Tour returned to action Thursday — and was an event unlike any other in golf’s history.
- PlayNJ, 6.11.20 – NJ Gambling News: NBA Bounces Back In July; Atlantic City Casinos Remain Closed
- New Jersey residents are still wondering when Atlantic City casinos will reopen.
- PlayNJ, 6.12.20 – Atlantic City: How The Past And Present Collide In New Jersey Gambling
- Atlantic City history is currently being rewritten. Unfortunately, it’s a chapter many would like to forget as quickly as possible.
- PlayPennsylvania, 6.11.20 – PA Lottery Strengthens Online Offering With Sideplay Entertainment E-Instant Games
- The Pennsylvania Lottery is expanding its iLottery content delivered to PA players via Scientific Games’ OpenGaming technology.
- Penn Bets, 6.11.20 – Reopening Casinos Before Racetracks In PA Might Seem A Little Backward
- Horse handicapper Robert Breit sat Tuesday afternoon in the downstairs race simulcast area of Meadows Racetrack & Casino, where no live racing was able to take place outside while players gambled above him on slot machines and blackjack.
- Penn Bets, 6.11.20 – Horse Racing Gets The Long-Awaited Go-Ahead At Pennsylvania Tracks
- Nearly three months after the last horses galloped across the finish line at a Pennsylvania track, the state has approved the return of live racing at the state’s six venues.
- Sports Handle, 6.11.20 – Illinois Gaming Board Grants Seven Master Sports Wagering Licenses
- The Illinois Gaming Board approved seven casinos for Master Sports Wagering licenses Thursday, moving the Land of Lincoln another step closer to having mobile sports betting available in the near future.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.11.20 – Mobile Still On Hold As Illinois Sports Betting Licenses Issued
- Seven casinos received master licenses Thursday to run Illinois sports betting operations, but mobile wagering remains on hold.
- Gambling Compliance, 6.12.20 – Illinois Issues First Sports-Betting Licenses, Consults On Co-Branding (subscription paywall)
- The Illinois Gaming Board (IGB) has granted its first batch of sports-betting licenses, a key step toward what could be a competitive online sports-betting market sooner than many expected.
- Chicago Sun-Times, 6.11.20 – Gambling Regulators Turn Another Page In Epic Sports Book Tome, Handling Licenses To 7 Casinos
- There’s still nowhere for Illinois gamblers to wager on sports that have returned. That’s because even with the long-coveted licenses in hand, Gaming Board rules require the casinos to separately request approval to begin taking bets.
- Atlanta Business Chronicle, 6.11.20 – Taking Odds: How Legalized Sports Gambling Can Impact Businesses In Georgia (subscription paywall)
- Georgia lawmakers may take another look at legalizing sports wagering with significant budget cuts on the horizon.
- Law360, 6.11.20 – LA House Panel Advances Tax Rate On Fantasy Sports (subscription paywall)
- A Louisiana bill that would establish a tax rate on fantasy sports contests cleared a House tax-writing committee Thursday, bringing the state one step closer to allowing residents to participate in fantasy sports betting.
- Online Poker Report, 6.12.20 – Colorado’s Sky Ute Casino Launches US-First Tribal Sports Betting App
- As the land-based gambling industry in Colorado prepares to restart, the Southern Ute Indian Tribe has made a bit of history with its new sports betting app.
- PlayColorado, 6.11.20 – Reach For The Sky: Sky Ute First Tribal-Based Sportsbook To Launch In CO
- Sky Ute Sportsbook officially went live earlier this week and is the first to launch from one of Colorado’s tribal casinos. It runs in conjunction with Sky Ute Casino and Resort; the Southern Ute Indian Tribe operates the casino.
- iGB North America, 6.11.20 – OK Tribe Strikes Social And Sports Deal With Betconstruct
- The Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma, has launched a new social casino product powered by Betconstruct, with the deal also allowing for the supplier to provide sports betting technology to the tribe’s non-profit igaming solutions arm GreySnow Group.
- The Oklahoman, 6.11.20 – Tribes Urge Federal Judge To Let Oklahoma Supreme Court Decide Limits On Governor’s Authority (subscription paywall)
- An Oklahoma City federal judge should let the Oklahoma Supreme Court decide whether there are limits on Gov. Kevin Stitt’s authority to approve tribal gaming compacts that may violate state law, several Oklahoma gaming tribes argued in a court document filed late Thursday.
- Tulsa Beacon, 6.11.20 – GOP Leaders Try To Stop Gambling Agreements
- Republican Legislative leaders filed an action with the Oklahoma Supreme Court in response to a recent federal court motion by Gov. Kevin Stitt concerning his renegotiation of tribal gambling compacts.
- PlayNevada, 6.11.20 – Nevada May Say Yes To Mobile Registration, Cashless Sports Betting Apps
- On June 25, the Nevada Gaming Commission (NGC) will hold a public hearing to discuss allowing bettors to open and fund sportsbook accounts from their mobile phones without having to visit a casino first.
- US Bets, 6.11.20 – Safety Protocols Emphasized As Vegas Sportsbooks Reopen For First Time In 78 Days
- For sportsbooks in Las Vegas, along with the casino industry altogether, hardly anything over the first half of 2020 could be characterized as typical.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.12.20 – Now Or Later, Tribes Not Done With California Sports Betting Initiative
- While a lawsuit filed this week seeks to extend a deadline for the 2022 ballot, a group of tribes hasn’t given up on getting their California sports betting initiative on the ballot this November.