iDEA Growth Member News
- Bonus.com, 6.15.22 – Playtech Days Away From ‘Pure-Play’ iGaming Status, Possible Takeover Bid
- Playtech may have a whole new outlook on the world shortly. That’s because Friday is the deadline the company gave an unnamed investor group to submit a bid for its acquisition.
iDEA Growth Members in the News
- Sports Handle, 6.15.22 – Entain CEO Bullish On U.S. Expansion Despite Intense Competition From Newcomers
- Entain CEO Jette Nygaard-Andersen is pleased with BetMGM’s progress in the U.S., where the venture is near its targeted goals of 20-25% market share in active online sports betting and iGaming jurisdictions. Nygaard-Andersen was appointed CEO of the global gaming conglomerate last January after her predecessor Shay Segev took a leadership position with DAZN Group.
- Sports Handles, 6.15.22 – Record Number Of People Participating In Sports Wagering
- A study conducted by the market research firm Leger for the Fantasy Sports & Gaming Association revealed record-breaking numbers of people participating in both sports wagering and fantasy sports compared to last year.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.15.22 – Data Shows Sports Betting Advertising Blitz Has Massive Scope
- The sports betting advertising blitz is not just your imagination. From September 2021 through May 2022, US sports betting operators spent an estimated $282 million on TV advertisements, according to an iSpot.TV report released last week. The advertising generated more than 18 billion impressions.
Sports League News
- Sports Handle, 6.15.22 – Could LIV Tour Partner With A Sportsbook Or Get A Betting License In U.S.?
- Consumers can already bet on a birdie in every legal sports betting state — and soon will be able to bet just steps off the fairway at a brick-and-mortar DraftKings sportsbook at TPC Scottsdale during the PGA Tour’s annual Waste Management Open. Could there eventually be an opportunity at another golf course in Arizona? Or at a course in any sports betting state that hosts an LIV Tour event?
- Play CA, 6.15.22 – Signature Verification Going Well For California Online Sports Betting Initiative
- With two weeks remaining to verify signatures, the California online sports betting initiative backed by operators is on pace to qualify. To make the November ballot on a random count, the initiative needs to show a projection of 1,096,853 valid signatures.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.15.22 – CO Sports Betting Regulator Questioned As Audit Finds ‘Gaps’ In Process
- The CO sports betting regulator needs to plug some “gaps” in its process, according to a new audit of the state’s betting market. The Colorado State Auditor published Monday its review of the Colorado Division of Gaming (CDOG) and the Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission.
- Sports Handle, 6.15.22 – Kansas Regulators Moving Swiftly Ahead Of July 1 Effective Date
- To steal a cliche, Kansas sports betting regulators aren’t sitting on their hands. The new law that makes wagering legal only becomes effective July 1, but the Kansas Lottery and Kansas Racing and Gaming Commission (KRGC) are both already making progress on key items on their respective punch lists.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.16.22 – Hogan, Hero? Maryland Governor Prods Regulators On Sports Betting
- Ahead of a Maryland sports betting regulatory meeting Thursday, Gov. Larry Hogan applied some pressure on commissioners to act. Hogan released a letter Wednesday demanding the Sports Wagering Application Review Commission expedite the launch of mobile sports betting in Maryland. The governor wants online betting available by the start of NFL betting on Sept. 8.
- Sports Handle, 6.15.22 – Maryland Governor Frustrated By Mobile Sports Wagering Delay
- Count Gov. Larry Hogan among the Marylanders frustrated by the lack of legal mobile sports betting platforms available in the state. Hogan, concerned by the pace of progress from the Sports Wagering Application Review Commission, sent a letter to the commission ahead of its June meeting scheduled Thursday.
- iGB, 6.15.22 – Maryland governor slams SWARC for “unacceptable” mobile betting delays
- Maryland Governor Larry Hogan has ordered the state’s Sports Wagering Application Review Commission (SWARC) to “immediately accelerate and intensify” their work to license online betting operators.
- Play NY, 6.16.22 – “Dying On A Vine,” NY Online Sportsbooks Might Need Online Casinos, Poker To Survive
- Online sports betting operators in New York desperately need legal online casinos and poker to stay afloat in the state. Executive from multiple NY online sportsbooks have criticized the state’s 51% tax rate, which makes it a daunting challenge to create a sustainable long-term business.