iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 6.23.21: Boom Sports Recruits Former Draftkings Sportsbook Director
- Boom Sports has appointed former DraftKings director of sportsbook Chris Fargis to lead its real-money sports division.
- Bloomberg, 6.23.21: Sports Illustrated Brand Comes to Online Betting in License Deal (888 mentioned)
- Internet gambling operator 888 Holdings Plc has obtained exclusive rights to the Sports Illustrated brand for sports and casino wagers online, the latest in a flurry of deals in the fast-growing business.
- SBC, 6.24.21: Kindred’s Unibet Brand Strikes First US Motorsport Partnership With NASCAR
- Kindred Group subsidiary brand Unibet has joined with championship-winning NASCAR team Stewart-Haas Racing and driver Kevin Harvick to further grow its presence in the US, specifically in motorsports.
- Sports Handle, 6.23.21: Operators To Run Sports Betting Ballot Initiative In Florida (DraftKings and FanDuel mentioned)
- Operators seeking a chance to get into the Florida sports betting market without having to work with the Seminole Tribe have filed a proposed ballot initiative for statewide mobile wagering, multiple industry sources confirmed to Sports Handle Wednesday morning.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.24.21: Analysis: Is The Sticky US Sports Betting Market Changing? (DraftKings and FanDuel mentioned)
- BetMGM and DraftKings said during Q1 earnings season that US customers had massive lifetime value (LTV) because of that stickiness. Likewise, FanDuel said US bettors were 80% more valuable than their European counterparts.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 6.23.21: How Young Is Too Young To Begin Talking About Responsible Gambling?
- In the US, responsible gambling education is genrally aimed at those who can legally gamble. That leaves a dearth of education for Americans under the age of 21.
- Action Network, 6.23.21: Sources: Florida Online Sports Betting Ballot Measure Coming in 2022
- Florida officials could announce the framework for a 2022 statewide mobile sports betting measure as early as this week, sources confirmed with the Action Network Wednesday.
- IGB, 6.24.21: Ohio Sports Betting Bill Passed To Finance Committee
- Ohio’s Senate Bill 176, which would allow sports betting to be licensed in the state, has been passed to the state assembly’s finance committee for approval.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.23.21: Maine Sports Betting Bill Heads For Second Chance On Governor’s Desk
- The Maine House and Senate both approved sports betting legislation late last week, giving Mills a decision on ME sports betting for the second time.
- IGB, 6.23.21: Operators Welcome Passage Of Canadian Single-event Sports Betting Bill
- Operators have welcomed the passing of a bill that is set to introduce single-event sports betting in Canada, which will provide opportunities for expansion in the country.