iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 6.24.20 – Evolution Gaming To Acquire NetEnt For $2.3 Billion, Form ‘World Leader In Online Casino’
- Live casino giant Evolution Gaming is pursuing a $2.3 billion deal to acquire all shares of rival gaming provider Netent.
- Gambling.Com, 6.24.20 – Roar Digital, Sportradar Extend Partnership Into 2026
- Roar Digital and Sportradar today announced an extension of their U.S. partnership through September 2026.
Sports League News:
- PlayNJ, 6.24.20 – Phillies, Yankees, Mets Swing Into Action In July, But MLB 60-Game Schedule In The Works
- The stadiums will be empty and health issues remain, but Major League Baseball announced its 2020 return Tuesday night.
- Online Poker Report, 6.25.20 – Atlantic City Casinos Get Gubernatorial Green Light For July 2 Reopening
- It’s official: Atlantic City casinos will be back in business on July 2. That Thursday will mark the end of what will have been 106 days with no land-based gambling in New Jersey.
- PlayNJ, 6.25.20 – NJ Gaming News: AC Casinos Get The Green Light; MLB Teams Report For Duty In July
- Wondering when Atlantic City casinos will reopen? How about when fans will be allowed at New Jersey racetracks? Let’s just say a lot of people are counting down to July 2.
- Associated Press, 6.24.20 – Developer Dropping Bid For Sports Betting At Former Track
- A developer is dropping a bid to offer sports gambling at the site of a former racetrack in southern New Jersey.
- Penn Bets, 6.24.20 – Daily PA Online Poker Traffic Down More Than 30% From Early-Coronavirus Peaks
- Starting in the second half of March, online poker play in America spiked to degrees not seen since the early days of the Moneymaker-era poker boom.
- Penn Bets, 6.24.20 – VGT Expansion Proposal Stirs Pot In Harrisburg, Where Gambling’s Often On The Agenda
- It has been less than three years since Pennsylvania lawmakers enacted one of the most widespread gambling expansions in the nation’s history, and the Capitol has been abuzz this week with the possibility of more coming.
- PlayWV, 6.24.20 – WV Retail Sports Betting Windows Reopen; 98% Of Betting Still Happening Online
- Some of the West Virginia retail sportsbooks have started to reopen along with the casinos in the state. Unfortunately, the betting handle for the first two weeks back in the Mountain State was less than desirable.
- Parkersburg News And Sentinel, 6.25.20 – Coronavirus Still Taking A Toll On West Virginia Lottery Revenues
- With a month remaining in the fiscal year, lottery revenues for May continued a slump due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- PlayMichigan, 6.24.20 – Near The Goal Line: Michigan Online Gambling Could Be Live This Fall
- The Michigan Gaming Control Board has been inching toward the online gambling finish line up during the pandemic.
- PlayIndiana, 6.24.20 – Ohio Follows Indiana’s Lead On Casino Reopenings, Safety Guidelines
- Casinos in Ohio reopened their doors on June 19, after COVID-19 concerns shut them in mid-March.
- Associated Press, 6.24.20 – Fantasy Sports Betting Edges Closer To Reality In Louisiana
- Louisiana lawmakers have agreed to the taxing rate for fantasy sports betting, edging the state closer to starting the competitions for online cash prizes in 47 parishes where voters agreed to legalize the activity.
- CBS Denver, 6.24.20 – Sports Betting In Colorado Hopes For Big Restart Amid Coronavirus
- Major League Baseball has announced it is coming back, but without fans in the stands. That’s good news though for sports betting in Colorado which started up while casinos and major sports were shut down due to the coronavirus.
- PlayColorado, 6.24.20 – Is Initiative No. 257 The Lifeline Colorado Casino Towns Need?
- Initiative No. 257 is the latest possible lifeline for Colorado casinos. The hope is the initiative will increase local control and bring added revenue to the casinos, and with it, more jobs.