Industry News of the Day for June 25, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 6.24.21: Sportradar Launches Embet To Integrate Live Betting Content Into Real-time OTT Streaming
- Sports betting and sports entertainment firm Sportradar has revealed the launch of emBET, described as an industry-first product that integrates live betting content into OTT streaming in real-time.
- Play Illinois, 6.24.21: DraftKings Dominates Addison Stop, Near Where Wrigley Field Sportsbook Will Be
- Take a red line train to a Cubs game these days, and it’s as if you’re walking through a DraftKings tunnel on the way to Wrigley Field.
- Play Tenn, 6.24.21: FanDuel, Scientific Games Bring Latest Betting Technology To Tennessee
- Flutter Entertainment and Scientific Games have announced a new chapter in their more than twenty-year partnership together. The two brands will integrate the new OpenSports platform into the FanDuel Sportsbook app.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.24.21: How Can 888 Nail Media Model With Sports Illustrated Sportsbook?
- 888 and Authentic Brands Group (ABG) will launch the first SI Sportsbook in the Colorado online sports betting industry in the second half of the year.
Overall Industry News:
- Play Michigan, 6.24.21: Olympics, Wimbledon, Euro 2020 Can Cure Summertime Sports Betting Blues
- The dog days of summer are quickly approaching. With the NBA and NHL Playoffs nearing their ends and the NFL and college football seasons still months away, are seeking options to get through the summer doldrums.
- Florida Phoenix, 6.24.21: Florida Gambling Drama Builds; Sports-betting Interests Unveil Constitutional Amendment Effort
- A 2022 ballot initiative to legalize sports betting in Florida regardless of the state’s newly ratified gambling compact with the Seminole Tribe of Florida is being processed by the Florida Division of Elections.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.24.21: Questions About New Effort To Change Florida Sports Betting
- The announcement comes as numerous questions swirl about the viability of the mobile provisions within the state’s new compact with the Seminole Tribe.
- Sports Handle, 6.24.21: Florida Sports Betting Ballot Initiative Is Here, And It Gives Established Books Inside Track
- The ballot initiative that would bring a more robust online sports betting market to Florida, in what would appear to be an end-around to the deal Gov. Ron DeSantis struck with the Seminole Tribe on May 19, was obtained by Sports Handle this morning.
- NJ.Com, 6.24.21: Voters Will Now Decide Whether Sports Betting Will Be Allowed On College Sports In N.J.
- Should New Jersey allow people to place bets on Rutgers football, Seton Hall basketball, and other in-state college sports?
- Play NJ, 6.24.21: NJ Attorney General Asks US AG Garland To Rescind Wire Act Opinion Threatening Online Gaming
- For former US Attorney General William Barr’s 2018 Wire Act opinion, it’s seemingly all over but the crying. New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal would like to see current US AG Merrick Garland actually “produce the tears,” though.
- IGB, 6.25.21: Washington State Agrees Wagering Deal With Skokomish Tribe
- Washington state’s gambling commission reached a tentative agreement to add wagering to the gaming compact with the Skokomish Indian Tribe, in the latest sports wagering agreement between the state and one of its tribes.
- Play OH, 6.25.21: Ohio Senate Makes Sports Betting Offer It Hopes House ‘Cannot Refuse’
- Ohio Senate and House leaders appear to have reached a deal to legalize sports betting before going on summer break.
- Sports Handle, 6.24.21: Ohio House Leader To Would-Be Sports Bettors: You’re Going To Have To Wait
- For months, the Ohio Senate Select Committee on Gaming — in-between hearing testimony on sports betting from bowling alley owners and grocery store trade groups — has been beating the same drum, over and over again. The beat was simple: June 30, June 30, June 30.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.24.21: Canada Sports Betting Reactions From Across The Industry
- With the Senate of Canada’s passage of C-218 Tuesday, operators are ready for sports betting in Canada.