iDEA Growth Member News:
- Miami Herald, 6.25.21: FanDuel, DraftKings launch sports betting ballot initiative to fund education
- Two of the nation’s top sports betting platforms, FanDuel and DraftKings, are proposing a constitutional amendment for the 2022 ballot that would authorize online sports betting at all Florida parimutuels, professional sports stadiums, and anywhere else in the state using a mobile sports betting platform.
- Business Insider, 6.25.21: Sports-betting Power Players: Meet The 27 Top Executives Pushing The US Gambling Industry Forward In 2021 (DraftKings and FanDuel mentioned, subscription paywall)
- Sports betting is blossoming in the US, as more states and neighboring Canada expand legal gambling.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 6.28.21: The Week In Sports Betting News: New York State Of Mind Once Again
- Happy Monday, everyone. This upcoming week is an important one for sports betting news with New York‘s mobile sports betting RFP dropping.
- SBC, 6.28.21: Lenin Castillo Talks To SBC Leaders About Industry Leadership And The Mexican Betting Market
- For Lenin Castillo, Chief Operating Officer of Logrand Online, in order to be an effective leader in the betting and gaming industry, having a strong and understanding and relationship with your customers is paramount.
- Augusta Free Press, 6.25.21: Latest Political Developments On Online Gambling In The U.S.
- Maryland and Connecticut both passed online betting bills and other States are on the verge of doing the same. Interesting developments are expected in the U.S. betting market.
- Yahoo Finance, 6.25.21: New Sports Gambling App Wagr Aims To Make Betting Social
- Seven Seven Six Founder Alexis Ohanian joined Yahoo Finance with Mario Malave, the founder and CEO of Wagr, a new sports betting app.
- Sports Handle, 6.28.21: What’s On Tap: The Week Ahead In Sports Betting: Stanley Cup Finals, College World Series, And New York RFA
- Defying triple-digit odds, the NHL’s Montreal Canadiens open the Stanley Cup Finals on Monday night as decided underdogs against the defending champion Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Sports Handle, 6.25.21: Release of New York Mobile Sports Betting Rules Still Unknown As RFA Deadline Nears
- Several months have passed since New York formally approved a line item for mobile sports betting in the 2022 Fiscal Year budget, setting the stage for the expected rollout of online sports wagering before next year’s Super Bowl.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.25.21: Ohio Sports Betting Sponsors’ Hail Mary Amendment Not Enough
- That is a reality after senators threw a few amendments onto HB 29 Thursday with the amended bill passing 31-0. The language is similar to that in SB 176, but there are a few important changes.
- Sports Handle, 6.25.21: Ohio Sports Betting Bill Has To Wait Until At Least Autumn, Says House Speaker
- House Speaker Bob Cupp told the newspaper he won’t be entertaining the bill until after summer break.
- Play MI, 6.25.21: Sports Betting News From Ohio, Ontario Will Affect Michigan Sportsbooks In Different Ways
- In Indiana and Wisconsin, things go by much as they have for the past couple of years in terms of legal gambling. However, in two other Michigan border territories, some recent news could affect Michigan sportsbooks.
- IGB, 6.28.21: NH Sports Betting Revenue Continues Monthly Decline
- Sports wagering revenue in New Hampshire declined for the second consecutive month in May, despite figures released by the New Hampshire Lottery revealing a 633.1% year-on-year increase.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.28.21: Colorado Sports Betting Ticks Up, Revenue Drops In May
- Despite wagers trending upward, Colorado sports betting revenue dropped in May according to the monthly report.