- Las Vegas Review-Journal, 6.2.19 – Esports Poses Additional Challenge To States Entering Legalized Sports Betting
- Professional wrestler Eddie Guerrero is credited with coining the phrase, “If you’re not cheating, you’re not trying.” That philosophy apparently has found its way into esports, the popular new world of competitive video gaming.
- AP, 6.2.19 – Illinois Senate Approves Legalized Sports Betting, $45B State Construction Plan
- Illinois lawmakers have wrapped up their spring session after a whirlwind week that produced a budget, more gambling, legalized marijuana use, protections for abortion, a state construction plan and billions of dollars in tax increases to fund it.
- State News Illinois, 6.2.19 – Illinois Senate Backs Legalized Sports Gambling, More Casinos
- Six new casinos, along with legalized sports betting, are coming to Illinois after Senate lawmakers approved a massive gambling expansion bill Sunday. Senate Bill 690, sponsored by Indian Creek Democratic Sen. Terry Link, passed that chamber on a 46-10 vote after being approved by House lawmakers the day before. Gov. J.B. Pritzker has already announced his intention to sign it into law.
- Reuters, 6.2.19 – Illinois Lawmakers Vote To Allow Sports Betting, Approve Chicago Casino
- A major gambling expansion in Illinois that will give Chicago its first casino, allow betting on sports and raise money for a massive infrastructure program won final approval on Sunday in the state legislature.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.2.19 – Illinois Lawmakers Vote To Approve Sports Betting On Last Day Of Session
- Illinois is one step away from legal sports betting after a last-ditch effort from Rep. Bob Rita fell into place this weekend. House lawmakers voted to approve a broad expansion of gambling within a capital funding bill on Saturday, and the Senate followed suit on Sunday. Gaming provisions within the act include a long-awaited casino in Chicago and authorization for both retail and online sports betting.
- ESPN, 6.2.19 – Illinois Legislature Passes Sports Betting Bill
- The Illinois legislature on Sunday passed a broad funding bill that will authorize sports betting online and at the state’s casinos, racetracks and even venues such as Wrigley Field and Soldier Field.
- KFVS, 6.2.19 – Gov. Pritzker Celebrates Legislative Accomplishments Including Legalizing Sports Betting
- Illinois Governor JB Pritzker celebrated bipartisan legislative action this session that produced a fair tax, cannabis legislation and legal sports betting. The sports betting legislation, SB 0690 passed 46-10 in the Senate.
- Sports Handle, 6.2.19 – Warts And All, IL Senate Passes Capital Bill With Sports Betting
- Less than 24 hours after the Illinois House approved a massive capital bill that includes sports betting, the Illinois Senate concurred Sunday, voting 46-10-2. During discussion ahead of the vote on SB 690, it was clear that daily fantasy and online sportsbook operators are not happy with what sports betting will look like in the biggest market state to legalize this year.
- Play USA, 5.31.19 – Despite Delay, Pennsylvania Is Actually Doing Mobile Betting, Right?
- Perhaps Pennsylvania is getting this whole sports betting thing right after all. Sure, the state likely left millions on the table delaying the launch of online and mobile sports betting until now. And yes, PA legalized sports betting with what most experts expect to be a business killing tax rate almost three times higher than any other state.
- Play USA, 5.31.19 – Yes, Online Sports Betting Is Coming To Oregon, But How Soon? Very Soon.
- Oregon Lottery spokesperson Matthew Shelby has announced that the Lottery plans to get legal online sports betting up and running before the start of the NFL season on Sept. 5, 2019.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 5.31.19 – NBA Finals: Business As Usual For Vegas Books Despite Dire Warnings From Sportradar
- As the NBA Finals kicked off Thursday night in Toronto, the latest chapter of the league’s ongoing data conflict with Las Vegas sportsbook operators continued to unfold in real time.