iDEA Growth Member News:
- Houston Chronicle, 6.29.20 – Rockets Owner Tilman Fertitta Bets On Online Gaming As Golden Nugget Unit Goes Public
- Houston billionaire Tilman Fertitta is spinning his seven-year-old online gaming business into a public company, a move that will provide resources to a highly profitable sector of his hospitality empire as his restaurants struggle amid the pandemic.
- Online Poker Report, 6.29.20 – Golden Nugget To Take Online Casino Division Public In $750 Million Acquisition
- Golden Nugget has revealed plans to detach its online gambling arm and list it on the Nasdaq exchange with an estimated valuation of $745 million.
- Gambling Compliance, 6.30.20 – Golden Nugget Latest Online Gambling Company To Pursue U.S. Public Offering (subscription paywall)
- Golden Nugget announced plans Monday to spin off its online gaming arm into a public company, the latest in a series of attempts to capitalize on Wall Street interest in the U.S. sports betting and online gaming space.
- SBC Americas, 6.29.20 – Sportradar Extends Content And Integrity Deal With United Soccer League
- Sports data provider Sportradar has entered into a strategic partnership extension with the United Soccer League this week for Integrity Services and AV content.
- Boston Business Journal, 6.29.20 – DraftKings Extends Deal With Chicago Analytics Firm (subscription paywall)
- The deal comes at a time DraftKings has a key necessity to keep customers engaged on its platform, as the pandemic has upended the sports-betting operator’s core business.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.29.20 – The Week In Sports Betting News: Cash Rules Everything Around Me
- Continued positive news around leagues returning to action means sports betting should be ramping up starting next month.
- ESPN, 6.30.20 – Could The Coronavirus Change Sportsbook Betting Rules?
- The sports betting industry is bracing for mass headaches and confusion in what could begin a historic period of chaotic wagering.
Overall Industry News:
- PlayUSA, 6.29.20 – The Upcoming 2020 SBC Digital Summit Is Packed With Expert Speakers, Panels
- In a little over two weeks, the all-star game of gambling conferences is set to happen with the 2020 SBC Digital Summit.
- SBC Americas, 6.30.20 – Scientific Games And Caesars Extend Digital Sports Betting Link
- Scientific Games Corporation and Caesars Entertainment have extended their existing digital sports betting partnership ahead of the hotly anticipated relaunch of the 2020/21 major league sports seasons.
- Gambling.Com, 6.29.20 – Rhode Island Sports Betting Slow In May With Casinos Closed
- Rhode Island casinos reopened June 8. Sports betting in May suffered from the closures. Although numbers were higher than April, the figures were far lower than a year ago.
- PlayMichigan, 6.29.20 – Looking To Indiana For Clues On Michigan Sports Betting Future
- Online sports betting in Michigan could be coming sooner than expected.
- Associated Press, 6.30.20 – Director Of Tennessee’s New Sports Betting Program Leaves
- The director of Tennessee’s new online-only sports betting program has left the post before Tennessee’s first bets were placed.
- TN Bets, 6.30.20 – Tennessee Lottery Hires Sports Betting Industry Veteran Danielle Boyd
- The Tennessee Education Lottery has brought on one of the sports betting industry’s top minds as its vice president of sports gaming operations.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.29.20 – ‘Hail Mary’ On Georgia Sports Betting Falls Short At End Of Season
- Partisan politics ended any chances of legalizing Georgia sports betting this year, according to Rep. Ron Stephens.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.29.20 – Betsson Becomes Latest European Online Gambling Giant To Start US Sports Betting Plans In Colorado
- Swedish operator Betsson has become the latest firm to target the US sports betting market.
- PlayColorado, 6.29.20 – New US Sports Betting App Coming To Colorado Via Sweden’s Betsson
- Betsson is the latest European company to launch a sports betting app in the US via Colorado.
- Online Poker Report, 6.29.20 – Nevada Gaming Commission Opens The Door To Cashless Wagering
- In a Thursday meeting last week, the Nevada Gaming Commission (NGC) took a small but important step toward modernizing the state’s gambling industry.