iDEA Growth Member News
- Paysafe Group, 6.30.22 – Paysafe enters Arkansas iGaming market with BetSaracen
- Paysafe (NYSE: PSFE), a leading specialized payments platform, today announced its entry into the Arkansas mobile sports-betting market through a partnership with BetSaracen, the sportsbook app from Saracen Casino Resort in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, which is owned by the Quapaw Tribe, based in Oklahoma. The partnership’s first phase sees BetSaracen integrate Paysafe’s Skrill USA digital wallet to enable players to make frictionless deposits and payouts.
- SBC Americas, 6.30.22 – FanDuel expands NFL sportsbook partnership into Canada
- FanDuel Group has expanded its existing partnership with the National Football League (NFL) across North America, becoming the NFL’s official sportsbook partner in Canada.
- MI Bets, 6.30.22 – BetMGM Launches Its Own Live Dealer Studio In Tandem With Evolution
- BetMGM online casino players in Michigan now have their own dedicated live dealers, according to a recent press release from the company. Working together with Evolution, BetMGM — which launched its live dealer product last July — now has its own private section for blackjack, roulette, and baccarat.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.29.22 – DraftKings, BetJACK Apply For Ohio Sports Betting Licenses
- The Ohio sports betting application update last week includes just two names, though they are key to the market. One of the US sports betting leaders, DraftKings Sportsbook, applied for its mobile sports betting license June 22. BetJACK, the brand from local casino operator JACK Entertainment, applied for its retail license the same day.
- SBC Americas, 6.29.22 – EveryMatrix seals US igaming content partnership with BetMGM
- EveryMatrix has agreed to a major US igaming content partnership with Entain and MGM Resorts’ joint venture, BetMGM.
- Sports Handle, 6.30.22 – Congressional Group Calls On DOJ To Help Fight Illegal Offshore Sportsbooks
- A bipartisan group from Congress has called upon the Department of Justice to increase scrutiny and prosecution of illegal offshore sportsbooks at the same time that regulated sports wagering operators continue to expand their reach across the U.S. The group includes 28 representatives from 13 states, ranging from mature sports wagering markets in Nevada and New Jersey to those which will launch in 2023 (Ohio) and those that have yet to legalize, including California and Texas. Sports wagering, when including states that offer tribal gaming, is legal in 35 states and the District of Columbia.
- Play CA, 6.29.22 – Two California Tribes Break Ranks, Support Online Operator Initiative
- Online sportsbook operators finally have some tribal support for their California sports wagering initiative. The operator campaign announced Wednesday endorsements from the Big Valley Band of Pomo Indians and Middletown Rancheria of Pomo Indians.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.30.22 – Governor? What Governor? Maryland Sports Betting Committee Plods On
- Mobile Maryland sports betting took a small, incremental step forward Wednesday. The Maryland Sports Wagering Application Review Commission met to hear draft regulations and applications for the competitive bid licenses for sports betting in Maryland. Beyond light discussion, the SWARC did not take any additional actions, and there is still no definitive timeline for launch.
- Play Tenn, 6.30.22 – Tennessee’s Sports Betting Slowdown Is In Full Swing
- Tennessee’s Sports Wagering Advisory Council has released its May 2022 report for sports betting in the state. Overall wagering activity saw a decrease compared to the previous month of April. The state, on the other hand, logged its best month of privilege tax earnings since January.