iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas, 6.8.22 – Sportradar bolsters its North American team with Eric Conrad
- Sportradar has bolstered its North American team, appointing Eric Conrad as its new Managing Director of Strategic Partnerships & Content for North America.
- Michigan Sharp, 6.7.22 – Eagle Casino & Sports Strikes Deal With Evolution, A First for Michigan Independent Tribal Brands
- Eagle Casino & Sports was the last online gambling brand to market in Michigan. However, it has wasted no time getting into the live casino space. The Saginaw Chippewa-owned Soaring Eagle Gaming, which created the new online casino, announced on Monday that it had struck a deal with live dealer provider Evolution.
iDEA Growth Members in the News
- Bonus.com, 6.7.22 – Kindred’s Ongoing Efforts To Zero-Out Problem Gambling Revenue
- It’s not every day you’ll find an online casino operator hoping to bring a revenue figure to zero on its quarterly earnings reports. However, that’s exactly what Malta-based Kindred Group’s personnel are hoping will happen by 2023. The metric they’re aiming to zero out is revenue generated from “harmful gambling” behavior by players.
- US Bets, 6.7.22 – DraftKings CEO Jason Robins Says Things That Make Me Go ‘Hmmm’
- Last November at the Canaccord Genuity Digital Gaming Summit, DraftKings founder and CEO Jason Robins had this to say about sports betting, which sent gambling Twitter into a frenzy: “This is an entertainment activity. People who are doing this for profit are not the players we want.”
Sports League News
- Sports Handle, 6.8 – Several PGA Sportsbook Partners Accepting Bets On Saudi-Backed LIV Tour Debut
- With Mickelson as the face of the breakaway tour, several major U.S. sportsbooks have begun to accept wagers on this week’s LIV series debut taking place Thursday-Saturday at the Centurion Club in London. Bettors can wager on the event at DraftKings and PointsBet, each of which — ironically enough — maintains an official sports betting partnership with the PGA Tour. FanDuel Sportsbook, another PGA sportsbook partner, is not accepting wagers on the event in the U.S., a spokesman told Sports Handle.
- Sports Handle, 6.8 – Massachusetts Lawmakers Set To Get Back To Work On Wagering
- It’s been nearly two months since the Massachusetts Senate passed a sports betting bill, and a month since a conference committee was set to find a middle ground between how the Senate and House envision legal wagering in New England’s most populous state. On Thursday, that process will officially begin.
- Yogonet, 6.8 – Massachusetts senators, representatives to begin compromise sports betting bill negotiations on Thursday
- Massachusetts senators and representatives are set to negotiate a sports betting legalization. The conference committee tasked with hammering out a compromise bill will be meeting on Thursday, in an effort to reach an agreement before the legislative session expires on July 31.
- Play NJ, 6.8.22 – Self-Exclusion In New Jersey: What Bettors Need To Know
- With legal gambling so widespread throughout the country now, many are taking lots of measures to help bettors. To ensure that problem gambling doesn’t become an issue, players can take several steps, including self-exclusion.
- Action Network, 6.7.22 – South Carolina’s Sports Betting Hopes Fizzle Out in Final Days of Session
- South Carolina will keep waiting for legal sports betting, as an effort to green light it in 2022 comes to a halt. With just nine days before lawmakers return for a special session, there’s still an abundance of steps needed before they can vote on H.B. 5277. The bill would legalize online sports betting, but according to multiple sources that won’t happen. [John Pappas]