Industry News of the Day for June 9, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas, 6.9.22 – Playtech goes live with NorthStar Bets in Ontario
- Playtech has gone live with its multichannel technology with NorthStar Bets in Ontario. The agreement will see Playtech become NorthStar Gaming’s strategic software and services supplier, with the firm providing its IMS platform, casino, and live casino services to the platform.
iDEA Growth Members in the News
- SBC Americas, 6.9.22 – Profitability the aim as DraftKings reaches ‘best position’ in US sports betting
- DraftKings CEO Jason Robins has claimed the company’s focus is ‘all about profitability’ as the US sports betting and igaming markets begin to mature.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.9.22 – Cryptocurrency In Legal Sports Betting: What’s Next?
- The US sports betting industry has yet to fully embrace cryptocurrency, but at least one big name in the space is advocating for its adoption. DraftKings co-founder and CEO Jason Robins chatted with cryptocurrency publication Decrypt last month about migrating more people to crypto. His main thought on the publication’s gm podcast is to make cryptocurrency more user-friendly for the general public. [Jeff Ifrah]
- SBC Americas, 6.9.22 – Player Protection Symposium to educate industry professionals on best responsible gambling practices
- Super Bowl winner Amani Toomer and former NY Knicks star Charles Oakley will be among the speakers as senior executives from the gambling industry gather in New York for the Player Protection Symposium on July 12. The event is part of the SBC Summit North America 2022 sports betting and iGaming conference and tradeshow, which runs on July 12-14 at venues across New York and New Jersey. The high-profile event aims to educate industry professionals on the best responsible gambling practices and focuses its discourse on the increasing importance of consumer protection measures.
Sports League News
- Play NJ, 6.9.22 – Why Is BetMGM Posting ShopRite LPGA Classic Odds When Others Are Not?
- The Garden State is helping the LPGA boost its sports betting presence. The ShopRite LPGA Classic Friday-Sunday at Seaview Bay Course in Galloway, just a few miles west of Atlantic City casinos, launches a bold parlay program for BetMGM. The NJ online sportsbook was among the first in the industry to post betting odds this week.
- Play USA, 6.8.22 – Arizona Sports Betting Rides Big March Heading Into Slow Sports Season
- Arizona will coast into the slow months of June and July, having set a new record for sports betting in March. On the back of March Madness and the NBA playoffs, Arizona sportsbooks took in a record $691 million in bets during March. According to the Arizona Department of Gaming, the result was a 40% increase compared to the $491.7 million in February.
- Sports Handle, 6.8.22 – Illinois Sports Wagering Operators Clear $70M In April Revenue
- The Illinois Gaming Board reported nearly $70.5 million in adjusted sports wagering revenue for April, with parlay winnings again accounting for a substantial percentage.
- KSHB, 6.9.22 – Going 360: Kansas sports gambling becoming reality
- Now that sports gambling is law in Kansas, the state is gearing up for a 2022 rollout. Organizers hope that sports fans will be able to bet on Kansas City Chiefs games at some point this upcoming season.