iDEA Growth in the News:
- Yogonet, 3.1.21 – Both Maryland Legislative Chambers Discussing Sports Betting Rules (iDEA Growth mentioned)
- Members of a Maryland House of Delegates committee on Thursday heard testimony on a detailed proposal to create the rules for legal sports betting from Democratic Speaker Adrienne A. Jones.
iDEA Growth Member News
- Legal Sports Report, 2.26.21 – It Sounds Like DraftKings Sportsbook Is Coming To Oregon
- DraftKings appears like it will be taking over as the legal sportsbook operator and brand in Oregon.
- PlayIA, 2.26.21 – FanDuel Encouraged By Iowa Registration Numbers As March Madness Approaches
- The sunset of the in-person registration requirement is paying big dividends for FanDuel, one of the top sportsbook in Iowa.
- Sports Handle, 2.27.21 – Get A Grip: Week In Sports Betting: Vegas Golden Knights Surprise, AZ And TX Developments, New Business, And More
- Here’s the weekend (or fashionably late) Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top US sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
Sports League News:
- ESPN, 2.27.21 – Vegas Golden Knights End Brief Partnership With Sports Betting Pick-Seller
- The Vegas Golden Knights have terminated a brief partnership with UpickTrade, a company based in Mexico that sells sports betting picks, including on the NHL.
- PlayPennsylvania, 2.26.21 – Philadelphia Eagles Write The Playbook On Sports Betting And iGaming Partnerships
- Off the field, when it comes to sports betting partnerships, the Eagles have a solid roster.
- Legal Sports Report, 2.26.21 – Maryland Sports Betting Bill Leaves Hopeful Operators Wanting More
- There was plenty of positive testimony on Maryland sports betting Thursday, but those looking to get involved want more opportunities.
- Sports Handle, 2.26.21 – Maryland Lawmakers Hear Plenty As Sports Betting Framework Takes Shape
- The Maryland House of Delegates on Thursday afternoon took a small but necessary and important step toward implementing the framework for legal sports betting in the state — an expansion that voters overwhelmingly approved via ballot referendum in the November 2020 election.
- TribLive, 2.28.21 – Several Pennsylvania Organizations To Participate In Problem Gambling Awareness Month
- The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board is working in conjunction with other state entities to promote Problem Gambling Awareness Month in March.
- PlayPennsylvania, 2.26.21 – Help Is Near: Problem Gambling Resources Focus Of PGCB March Campaign
- March is Problem Gambling Awareness Month on the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board‘s calendar, a time to heighten awareness of the resources available to help individuals with a gambling problem.
- The Day, 2.26.21 – Public Hearing On Gaming Bills To Be Held Virtually Tuesday
- Several proposals dealing with sports wagering, online casino gaming and other gaming matters are among more than a dozen bills scheduled for an airing Tuesday during a virtual public hearing conducted by the legislature’s Public Safety and Security Committee.
- CT Post, 3.1.21 – With CT Lottery Growing, Could It Expand To Sports Betting?
- Two years ago, the new chief executive of the Connecticut Lottery Corp. invited lawmakers and reporters to hear his vision of a gambling future in which CT Lottery could take bets on sports and make lottery games available online.
- MassLive, 2.27.21 – Adam Gomez, Orlando Ramos Introduce Bill To Allow Sports Betting At Small Massachusetts Businesses
- Several Western Massachusetts legislators seek to make it easier to place a bet among friends.
- WWLP, 2.26.21 – MA Lawmakers File Sports Betting Bill For Bars And Restaurants
- Two local legislators are proposing to legalize sports betting at bars and restaurants.
- iGB North America, 3.1.21 – Rhode Island Sports Betting Handle Reaches Record $39.8M In January
- Sportsbooks in Rhode Island processed a record $39.8m in sports wagers during January, while the US state also saw a 12.7% year-on-year increase in sports betting revenue.
- PlayVirginia, 2.26.21 – New Bill Wants To Make Laws On Gray Gambling Machines More Black And White
- Virginia law enforcement could have the latitude it needs to finally clamp down on illegal gambling machines and their operators.
- iGB North America, 3.1.21 – MediaTroopers Secures Permanent Sports Wagering Supplier License In WV
- Digital marketing agency MediaTroopers has secured a permanent sports betting supplier license from the West Virginia Lottery.
- WREG, 2.27.21 – TN Lawmakers File Bill To Stop You From Getting A Payday Loan And Waging A Bet At The Same Place
- Darren Jernigan and other legislators are targeting Advance Financial, a Nashville-based lending service. They say allowing high risk loans and sports gambling should not happen under the same roof.
- Legal Sports Report, 2.26.21 – How Voting Rights Could Affect Georgia Sports Betting Hopes In 2021
- Constitutional arguments and state politics are throwing the chances of legalizing sports betting in Georgia this year into doubt.
- GPB, 2.26.21 – Lawmakers Brief: Gambling Legislation On The Ropes At The State Capitol
- A House bill to allow online sports betting in Georgia, along with other gambling bills, could be in jeopardy as House Democrats threaten to pull support.
- Gambling.com, 2.26.21 – Politics Could Slow Georgia Sports Betting Push This Year
- The immediate future of sports betting in Georgia has fallen victim to partisanship within the state House over issues that have nothing to do with gambling.
- WTVY, 2.28.21 – Florida Representatives File Legislation To Legalize Domestic Sports Wagering
- Florida representative Chip LaMarca (R-Lighthouse Point), along with Rep. Anika Omphroy (D-Lauderdale Lakes), have filed legislation to legalize sports wagering in an effort to address the budget shortfall in the state.
- CBS 12, 3.1.21 – Legalizing Sports Wagering May Be Smart Bet For Florida Post-Pandemic
- We will feel the effects of the pandemic on our economy for years.
- PlayMichigan, 2.26.21 – MLB Spring Training Games Are Off The Board At Michigan Sportsbooks… For Now
- For Michigan sports fans anxious to explore daily baseball odds in the state’s new sports betting landscape, wagers will have to wait until Opening Day.
- PlayIndiana, 2.26.21 – BetMGM Celebrates One-Year Anniversary As A Top Indiana Online Sportsbook
- It’s been one year since BetMGM and PointsBet made their Indiana debuts.
- Omaha World-Herald, 3.1.21 – Sports Betting Surges At Iowa Casinos. Will It Come To Nebraska Next?
- Less than three years ago, Nebraskans who wanted to bet on sports legally had no choice but to book a flight to Vegas.
- The Denver Post, 2.26.21 – Colorado Sports Gambling Hits Record-Setting $326.9 Million Wagered In January
- The growth of sports betting in Colorado continues to skyrocket with a monthly record of $326.9 million wagered in January, according to a report from the state’s department of revenue.
- Sierra Nevada Ally, 3.1.21 – Online Sports Betting Helps Buoy Nevada’s Gaming Tax Revenue During The Pandemic
- COVID-19 has been a boon for online sports betting in Nevada and across the United States.
- The Center Square, 2.26.21 – Nevada Sports Betting Revenue Grew 10% In January
- Sports betting in Nevada continued its month-over-month growth as $646.7 million was wagered in January.
- PlayIA, 2.26.21 – Deadwood Sports Betting Lives: No Mobile Wagering For The Rest Of South Dakota
- If you were hoping to legally wager on sporting events anywhere in South Dakota this year, your hope should keep springing eternal.