Industry News of the Day for March 10, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas, 3.9.21 – Entain Unveils Series Of Initiatives For Problem Gambling Awareness Month
- Global sports betting and gaming firm Entain has today unveiled a number of initiatives in support of Problem Gambling Awareness Month, taking place across the US throughout March.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.10.21 – DraftKings CEO: Illegal Market Sports Bettors ‘Arguably The Most Valuable’
- DraftKings executives touched on a bunch of topics during a 90-minute presentation and Q&A session. Perhaps none were as interesting as CEO Jason Robins‘ take on offshore sports betting customers.
- iGB North America, 3.9.21 – DraftKings Pledges $350,000 International Women’s Day Donation
- Sports betting giant DraftKings has pledged to donate up to $350,000 to nonprofit organizations across the United States which promote female-owned small businesses and female entrepreneurs.
- Penn Bets, 3.10.21 – For Eagles, Count ‘Em: Three Sports Betting Partners Is The Charm (DraftKings, FoxBet)
- Unlike their counterparts in Washington, D.C., Pennsylvania’s professional sports teams lack the option to have an on-property sportsbook. But that doesn’t mean the teams aren’t taking advantage of some of the biggest names in sports betting.
- PlayPennsylvania, 3.9.21 – Spring Has Sprung: The First Sportsbook And Casino Arrive At The Google Play Store
- It’s “play” time for Pennsylvania sportsbook apps and online casinos at the Google Play Store.
- Business Insider, 3.10.21 – Gen Z Has Started To Reach Gambling Age And Exclusive New Research Explores How Their Views On Sports Betting Compare To Millennials’ (subscription paywall)
- The oldest members of Generation Z are now of legal gambling age and the U.S. sports industry is taking note.
Overall Industry News:
- iGB North America, 3.10.21 – Caesars And William Hill Set To Complete Acquisition By 1 April
- Caesars expects to complete its proposed acquisition of William Hill by 1 April after the bookmaker confirmed all necessary regulatory approvals should be obtained in the coming weeks.
- The Action Network, 3.9.21 – Maryland Sports Betting Bill Nears House Passage; When It Could Be Legalized
- Maryland lawmakers could advance sports betting legislation as early as this week, clearing a legalization path for as early as next month.
- PlayWV, 3.9.21 – West Virginia Online Casinos See Boost In Betting, Top $3.4 Million In February Revenue
- It was an incredible month for the West Virginia online casinos. In February, online casino apps in the Mountain State generated over $3.4 million in revenue, a new record.
- Sports Handle, 3.9.21 – Public Records Disclosure Reveals Dead Heat For Tennessee Sports Betting Market Share
- A review of newly disclosed documents from Tennessee’s legal sports betting regulator reveals a three-way dead heat for top market share in terms of betting handle generated in the Volunteer State.
- Sports Handle, 3.9.21 – Portnoy: Barstool Sportsbook To Go Live In Illinois Thursday
- Dave Portnoy announced Tuesday on Twitter that Barstool Sportsbook will go live for sports betting in Illinois at noon local time Thursday and become the sixth mobile option for bettors there.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.9.21 – Barstool Sportsbook Launching Thursday In Illinois Before March Madness
- Barstool Sportsbook will launch in its third state this Thursday when its app goes live in Illinois.
- PlayIndiana, 3.9.21 – WynnBet Sportsbook Beats Barstool To Launch In Indiana
- It’s official: WynnBET will become the 11th online sportsbook in Indiana.
- The Gadsden Times, 3.9.21 – Alabama Senate Defeats Lottery And Gambling Bill
- Looking back on Tuesday evening, Del Marsh said he should have held the vote on a lottery and gambling bill when he had the votes.
- PlayTenn, 3.9.21 – Voters Will Decide The Future Of Georgia Sports Betting
- Two Georgia sports betting proposals made their way through the Senate last week.
- Rome News-Tribune, 3.9.21 – Sole Live Sports Betting Bill Would Require Constitutional Amendment
- A constitutional amendment to legalize online sports betting in Georgia is the only game in town after the state House of Representatives shelved a bill that would not require a constitutional change.
- Bloomberg, 3.9.21 – Texas Bill Would Ask Voters To Legalize Casinos, Sports Betting (subscription paywall)
- Texas is taking its first step in a bipartisan drive for gamblers to spend in Texas instead of Las Vegas, under a pair of bills filed Tuesday to legalize casinos and sports betting and set gaming tax rates.
- The Texas Tribune, 3.9.21 – Legislation Backed By Casino Giant Would Allow Casinos, Sports Gambling In Texas
- Two Texas lawmakers on Tuesday filed legislation backed by the gaming empire Las Vegas Sands that would legalize casino gambling in Texas.
- Sports Handle, 3.9.21 – Texas Voters Want Sports Betting, Gaming, But Lawmakers Aren’t Listening
- Texas lawmakers may not seem inclined to expand gaming or legalize sports betting, but that doesn’t mean residents of the state agree with them.
- Houston Chronicle, 3.9.21 – Mattress Mack: It’s Time For The Texas Legislature To Legalize Sports Betting (subscription paywall)
- It’s time for the Texas Legislature to step up to the plate and legalize sports wagering and keep Texas dollars in Texas.
- Chamber Business News, 3.9.21 – Sports Betting In Arizona Edges Closer To Approval
- A bill to allow fans 21 and older to bet on professional sports teams, NASCAR and pro golfing events at venues on and off reservations statewide is advancing with bipartisan support at the Arizona Legislature.
- WSN, 3.10.21 – Arizona Sports Wagering Bill Forges Ahead – Headed To Senate For Approval
- More signs indicate Arizona is swiftly headed toward legalizing sports wagering in the state. Another positive and necessary indicator occurred last week.
- WSN, 3.10.21 – Wyoming House Says No To Legalize Online Sports Wagering
- Reversing a current nationwide trend among states in the U.S. and in a somewhat surprise, Wyoming has at least temporarily put a hold on advancing any plans to legalize online wagering.
- PlayColorado, 3.9.21 – Betting The Iconic ‘Island Green’ Could Appeal To Golf Bettors
- While futures betting is no doubt a draw for the Players Championship this weekend, it’s the live betting aspect that may attract golf bettors.